Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.fenix-store.com/content/FenixCatalog2016A.pdf
http://www.fenix-store.com/content/FenixCatalog2016B.pdf

oabh5dB.png

ksk3vBZ.png

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
good lord! 6000 lumen strobe! I cant wait to see details of the 2016 TK32 I am assuming it will be an HI emitter.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
good lord! 6000 lumen strobe! I cant wait to see details of the 2016 TK32 I am assuming it will be an HI emitter.
Well so far in the catalogs posted above the TK32 2016 is not listed. I know fenix store confirmed it in the TK61 thread in their sub forum but that is it. As for the rest of the lights in the catalog there really isn't anything impressive. The E35 now has the same switches as the E25 which most people seem not to like. There is a neat looking pen light that literally looks like a pen but it's lowest mode is 8 lumens, I really can't understand why they just won't put moonlight modes on more of their lights.

They do have some pretty interesting headlamps that I like the looks of though and they are all neutral tint which makes me happy!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah I looked through the catalog and didnt see the 32 2016 either. I predict a couple new lights to drop this year that are not in the catalog especially a 2016 PD35. With NC and TN cranking out 2015 and 2016 1x18650 PD35 sized lights Fenix I would think would want to keep pace with the competition. The 2016 PD32 Ive already ordered should be awesome. I wonder what a 2016 PD35 would be like? TK32 is one of my favorite lights and will order the 2016 edition as soon as it goes on sale. Im thinking a 60k CD XP-L HI TK32 with brighter secondary RGB LEDs. Possibly a new double tail switch design maybe?

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the the tk32 2016 does end up being that good I will seriously consider one. I'm not getting my hopes though as they completely blew their chance at taking back the multiple AA world. The new TK41C still uses an XM-L2 U2 instead of going to an XPL HI, the throw of the new model is 57k, almost 58k, cd where the previous model was a shade over 65k cd and the output is still only 1k lumens. All they did was add RGB leds to it and take away the cooling fins. Eagletac's SX30A6-D and Nitecore's EA81 have left Fenix in the dust

Last edited:

WigglyTheGreat

Newly Enlightened
Specs look Ok other than the 1 meter impact rating. I apologize from my rant ahead of time, but it really annoys me that most light manufacturers are interested in pumping out more lumens and throw rather than make the light more reliable and better impact resistance. 1 meter impact resistance is ridiculous especially on expensive lights. I expect if I'm on an 8 foot ladder and a flashlight drops, it will survive this small distance. I'm tired of wimpy lights in this respect and that's exactly what I consider these Fenix lights to be when I see a 1 meter impact resistance.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
true. I would love to see the big makers build their lights to meet IP68 ratings. As for the one meter drop rating Idk I have beaten my 6 35's(PD,UC and TAC)to death and they still work. Fenix must sell over a million lights a year now.

Last edited:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Specs look Ok other than the 1 meter impact rating. I apologize from my rant ahead of time, but it really annoys me that most light manufacturers are interested in pumping out more lumens and throw rather than make the light more reliable and better impact resistance. 1 meter impact resistance is ridiculous especially on expensive lights. I expect if I'm on an 8 foot ladder and a flashlight drops, it will survive this small distance. I'm tired of wimpy lights in this respect and that's exactly what I consider these Fenix lights to be when I see a 1 meter impact resistance.
I understand what you are saying but I have dropped my E21 multiple times, and several higher than one meter, with no damage to the light. I think most of the smaller lights will handle more than one meter without any problems. The larger lights such as the RC40, TK75, Tk76, etc are not going to be able to handle much over one meter onto a hard surface due to their weight. Yes the driver's could be potted but it is still likely the lens on the bigger lights will break or the aluminum will be severely damaged.

I'm also curious as to what lights you have had quite working from a drop? I always try to be careful when using my lights, or anything for that matter, and not drop them as not to risk damage or the inconvenience of having to go get it but they still get dropped and so far I have only had one light quite working. It was an Eagletac SX25L2T that had been dropped and thrown one too many times and overall abused. Eagletac did warranty it and I never had a bit more trouble.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice find RYP! Not much I'm interested in but a few upgrades and newer lights. The HL60R, HL15, and HL10 look interesting but nothing I'd be drooling over.
The TK09 and PD32 got nice upgrades but again nothing I'd be dying to buy! I was hoping to see to the TK16 to be upgraded with some kind of customizable UI settings but not yet. The RC series seems to have gotten most of the new lights for the moment.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice find RYP! Not much I'm interested in but a few upgrades and newer lights. The HL60R, HL15, and HL10 look interesting but nothing I'd be drooling over.
The TK09 and PD32 got nice upgrades but again nothing I'd be dying to buy! I was hoping to see to the TK16 to be upgraded with some kind of customizable UI settings but not yet. The RC series seems to have gotten most of the new lights for the moment.
Yea there has been a lot of talk over in the Fenix subforum about the lack of real upgrades/innovations/new ideas etc. Fenix has great quality but they aren't combining that with new LEDs, different UIs such as a factory guppydrv style UI, adding moonlight modes, or including neutral tint options. In my opinion Fenix has a lot of catching up to do to get on the same level as other manufacturers. The only things they have others don't is a wide variety of headlamps.

1DaveN

Enlightened
That RC09 looks interesting. Almost an inch shorter than the PD25 with only a little extra diameter, rechargeable with a magnetic connector - I'm looking forward to a review.

I wonder if this is the model I saw described as a "keychain" light. It seems big for that, and I'd love to see Fenix release a rechargeable about the size of an LD02.

Enlightened
Yea there has been a lot of talk over in the Fenix subforum about the lack of real upgrades/innovations/new ideas etc. Fenix has great quality but they aren't combining that with new LEDs, different UIs such as a factory guppydrv style UI, adding moonlight modes, or including neutral tint options. In my opinion Fenix has a lot of catching up to do to get on the same level as other manufacturers. The only things they have others don't is a wide variety of headlamps.
Does their new lantern lineup or pill light or bicycle light not count?

WigglyTheGreat

Newly Enlightened
The 1 meter impact resistance says to me, the light manufacturer doesn't have much faith in their light if dropped and then can use that rating as a way of not honoring their warranty. I killed 2 lights that I can remember from dropping them. Neither were high end or pricey. One was a 2aa Maglite LED and the other was a 2aa Coleman led light and this was several years ago. Maglite advertise 1 meter drop resistance too, so when I see that Fenix doesn't have enough faith in their lights to hold up better than a Maglite even with their smaller 1x 18650 lights, I find it disappointing and am not in a hurry to give them my money. I just went to the Fenix site and chose a light from each series and they all claim 1 meter drop resistance no matter what size they are. I'm sure some of them can stand up to more than 1 meter drop, so it seems like Fenix are just shooting themselves in the foot advertising this low number. This is especially true when it is advertised as a tactical light.

The first thing I do when I research a new light, no matter what manufacturer, is pull up the specs and for potential customers like me a low impact resistance puts me off. I do understand that larger heavier lights are generally more likely to be damaged from a fall, but still I would like to see 3 meter minimum drop resistance across the board and for tactical lights more.

(A little off Topic Story)
The most time tested reliable light I have to date is actually a $10 502b three mode light that I bought many years ago. It has been dropped dozens of times and some from ladders onto concrete and the outside is beat to heck with deep dents and gouges and the lens is scraped to heck, but it always works. This just reminded me how I couldn't find one of my lights all winter and found it again in the spring when the thick ice melted off the edge of the driveway. I busted the light out of the ice that was encasing and this was where the car had been driving over it all winter. I dug it out and it fired right up. That one was a cheapo 501b light. If cheap lights can hold up, my way of thinking is that pricier lights should be able to too and probably they can, but the average manufacturer doesn't have much faith in their light when it comes to stating their ratings I guess. A few months back I almost bought a Fenix TK16 bought after seeing the specs the 1 meter drop rating put me off and I ended going with an Armytek light. Maybe the number are all BS, but Fenix quit shooting yourself in the foot.

ven

Flashaholic
Oh wow, i see some saving up coming on.......that rc40!! can see 7x PDT's in it..........x60vn may have a big brother around the corner!

RemcoM

Enlightened
I still waiting, for fenix, that they come out with a new super thrower....sort of new TK61, with around 250....300 kcd...the old TK61, is heavily, underpowered, against the other super throwers, like the Olight m3X UT...Nitecore TM36, and so on.

They need very soon, come out with a 1000 meters throw plus light...the new RC40, looks nice, but all other lights they come out with, are all crap lights.

Except the new TK75, with 4000 lumens, but also less throw..and they have nice backlights, but when comes their new monster thrower???

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
The new tk61 will hopefully satisfy your needs mr remco...............i do hope!! I just have a gut feeling its not going to though.......... Only time will tell

How can you not like the rc40, 700m is not to be sniffed at, look at that head! 7x ???leds(presume xm-l2 or xpl) should be xpl HI! (could be wrong!)

Either way, get a vn version remco, potential of probably 20,000lm and..............well your guess is as good as mine! Throw in some PDT's and its going to be near your 1000m target(would need xhp70 for 20k)! I cant tell how deep the wells are though and of course its an S&R type so its going to flood as well as reach out! Great all round light imo...........