Picture Overload of my new Deft EDC-X Enthusiast(Beamshots, Photos, comparisons)

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im going to get this post up quick as im headed off to the Florida Keys tomorrow morning. Lets get right to it.

The good
This light is everything i ever wanted in a compact super thrower !!!. I love the tail-cap button. very smooth operation.
The focus was perfect out of the box. one can adjust the focus a little in ether direction. Threads are butter smooth. The tint its quite warm, and i love it !!!. its just so pleasing to the eye and when i turn on my m25c2vnT next to it, its like ewww. It might cream the edc x in the throw department they look a lot closer then they actually are and i tried to capture that in my beamshots. this is due to the fact that the edc has no spill at all and because the tint is so warm. both combined create a very sharp square on whatever distant object you point it at and the warm tint gets it a very nice clarity that the cool white cant do. Throw is out of this world for a light this size. 404kcd my card says.

The Bad
The Oring that adjusts the focus broke the first use. i replaced it. The battery compartment can fit ether 2 16340s, 2 18350 or 1 18650. my issue is with the 2 18350's. You really have to torque the tailcap all the way down or the light wont turn on. my efest fit ok but very tight. my button top AW imr cells forget about it. i got it to work but it required all my strength which cant be good for the light or batteries. the other battery configurations work great.

Light photos

20160104_165145 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
20160104_194941 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
20160105_125904 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
20160105_125927 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
20160105_125945 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
20160105_130036 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
20160105_130308 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
20160104_223155 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
20160104_223455 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
20160105_130519 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
20160105_130944 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Beamshots

First shot will be the m25c2vnT(775kcd) and the second is the DEFT EDC X with each set.

SAM_0764 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
SAM_0763 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
SAM_0779 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
SAM_0780 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

600 Feet to the trees
SAM_0761 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
SAM_0760 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Tree 100 feet away zoomed in 100%
SAM_0773 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
SAM_0771 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

House 200 feet away zoomed in 100%
SAM_0778 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
SAM_0776 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Tree 200 feet away half zoomed
SAM_0768 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
SAM_0767 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Well there you have it. keep in mind there is 371kcd separating the two but it just does not seem like that much.

Xaios

Newly Enlightened
What a laser the Deft is. I love how it how uniform the light is across the hotspot.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a laser the Deft is. I love how it how uniform the light is across the hotspot.

Thats my favorite part about the light. Its so evenly distrubuted so objects dont look washed out and they look much more clear

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like your problem with 18350 cells is similar to a problem I had with My Malkoff MD2 using an OR ZeroRez switch. If you really have to torque the tailcap down you risk crushing the +ve end of your cells and crushing the +ve spring. I don't know how the head and body are arranged on your light, but I put an aluminium sump washer aboyt 2mm thick between the head and body to slightly lengthen the tube internally. It may work for you, and they only cost pennies.
P

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
What an incredible beam! I thought Deft X closed shop a while ago? Hate to say it but OP's light build quality looks rough to me. How much was this light?

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
What an incredible beam! I thought Deft X closed shop a while ago? Hate to say it but OP's light build quality looks rough to me. How much was this light?

Glancing at those pictures, the build quality looks fine. The only thing that looks rough is the glue that was used to hold the wavien collar in place.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess to me it just looks off aesthetically. The glue indeed looks rough. That being said I would love to have a DeftX! To bad I couldnt use something as laser like as the DeftX in my area without cops showing up. A county over from me some kid about a year ago lit up a low flying police helicopter with a TK75. The TK75 alone lit up the chopper to where it screwed with the pilots vision and the pilot reported it also located where it was coming from. Cops found the kids address the next day and took the kids TK75. Still a DeftX Id love to just have just to have one even though I couldnt use it around here. I got hassled by cops when I got my M3XS-UT and tested it out across the Potomac one night. Cops here would likely consider a DeftX a threat to aircraft unfortunately.

How much was OP's DeftX? I know they are expensive. Great pics btw! Amazing stuff!

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
So im in the florida keys right now on pidgon key island. It gets so damn dark here you can see the milkey way. There is a old bridge the runs over the island thats not in use. I was in shock how far it was lighting up the bridge. I sware i was lighting it up about a mile away. I will take as many beamshots as i can get because they are impressive !!!

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alex1234 Your m25c2vnT (775kcd) looks like cool white. What version do you have. I thought XP-G2 S4 dedome would not produce such a cool white beam.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it xpg2 s2. Iv had it awhile also the deft x is really warm like warmer then warm lol i like it though

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great report and photos Alex, we were all waiting and you finally got your light and put it to good use, thanks!

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dedome always out throws dome on.

You are missing the point. Your photos look like cool white XP-G2 Dome on. But the claimed lux is 775k. This would not be possible with a dome on. Therefore why are your photos showing cool white or is that a white balance issue on your digital SLR

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are missing the point. Your photos look like cool white XP-G2 Dome on. But the claimed lux is 775k. This would not be possible with a dome on. Therefore why are your photos showing cool white or is that a white balance issue on your digital SLR

The Wavien collar causes a lowering of CCT in addition to the lowering of CCT because of the de-dome. I agree that the Eagletac appears cool white in the photos but it might appear that cool because of the stark contrast with the DEFT EDC-X due to the additional lowering of CCT. If the XP-G2 was 6000K to start with then you would be down to around 4500K with the de-dome and then whatever lowering from the collar. Plus, his Eagletac may have a PDT in it that Vinh handpicked for a cooler tint. That is only a guess as pictures can be deceiving.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you remove the silcone dome on top of the led the emiting angle is increased so more light can be focused.