Manufacturer not honoring their own warranty policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiphex

Newly Enlightened
Hi CPF world,

I purchased a Nitecore MH20 which is still in warranty. Nitecore and my flashlight dealer both refuse to replace my flashlight.

Pointers
> This flashlight never touched water
> Lightly used never dropped
> Batteries I use with this flashlight are Nitecore NL188 Genuine and Nitecore NL189 Genuine

Issues:
- Blue LED indicator light circuit not working
- Charging Circuit never used yet doesn't work when trying it out for the first time
- ATR not kicking in, flashlight hot on levels 4 and 5
- Flash light won't turn on unless head is positioned at a specific spot on the body
- Flashlight head acts as an electric cut off circuit

What are the next steps to take?

Thanks,
Concerned upset Flashaholic, devoted to the wrong company?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Xiphex,

I think nitecore is far from an irresponsible manufacturer. Have you contact their aftersales service [email protected] yet?

I assume the OP has, as he said both Nitecore and the dealer refused to replace his light.
If all else fails, contact member nitecorestore on this forum. He may be able to help.

Muzzleblast

Newly Enlightened
I am new to modern LED flashlights and am looking forward to building my collection. I have heavily reviewed this and other forums for the past couple of months. I have spent so much time in fact that my wife is starting to think I need counseling. Building a collection is going to be quite expensive and I want to assure I am getting full value for the dollars to be spent. The OP has hit on something that is particularly important to me... manufacture and dealer customer support. Nitecore has some really great products that I am interested in, but, I have read several other reports of Nitecore support being problematic. I will be very interested in seeing how this works out for the OP. Please keep us updated.

MB

Hi Xiphex,

We are sorry to hear that your MH20 didn't work as expected. Please send us an email via [email protected], or leave a message with your email address. You will be quickly responded by our service personnel.
@Muzzleblast please be assured that we provide responsible and responsive pre- and aftersales services to our customers, which is also well recognized by members on CPF and all over the globe.

Xiphex

Newly Enlightened
Update: Sysmax Ind Mailed back what I see as a brand new MH20 with accessories ('Repaired Torch' written on shipping label) , Trust and faith has been reinstated into Nitecore and company =D Thank you so much! Highly satisfied customer service and products.

Contacted Sysmax via email for RMA #
Shipped defective MH20 back on January 20 2016
Shipped to Sysmax within 9 working days
Asia Chinese New Year - Holiday Break
Nitecore Ships new replacement February 24 2016
Received new MH20 today March 10th 2016

Will continue with Nitecore Flashlights and batteries.

Skeeterg

Enlightened
Strange to me. Now why would they say they would not honor the warranty,and now they did.???Missing parts of this story I am guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.