Malkoff        
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Current Powerball $

Default Current Powerball $

+

Current Powerball winnings

..so where would your adventures start if you outright won it ?
    Last edited by orbital; 01-18-2016 at 09:11 AM. Reason: $$*

Default Re: $309,000,000

phew.......thought you had access to my saving account then............

That would fund a couple of nice lights............and a HUGE mansion to keep them in

Enlightened

First thing would be to hide (see below). Then I would put it in a trust, and make every effort to ensure that the principal amount could not be touched for at least a generation or two. $309,000,000 should be able to produce about $24,720,000 per year in income in perpetuity. Regarding hiding, I'd do something similar to being in the witness protection program. Too many people, both friendly and unfriendly, would want a piece of you, and you'd need some time to sort that out.

If we were to win it we would purchase a Jon Madden type tour bus, travel this nation for the next 2+ years, stopping in as many towns as we could seeking out what local cause needs cash, anonymously donate and move on to the next town. At the end we would know where we would want to settle down with a nice piece of land.
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

If I won, and I am serious. Among many things: I would buy one of those mega multi million dollar bus RV things and travel the Con US visiting all the Custom flashlight builders, and active forum members. I would give every forum member I meet up with either a killer custom light or cash to buy their dream light. I would support any of the builders who need financial assistance (kinda like the Profit) that TV show. lol

Then, I would build or donate a huge fully outfitted park for all the local low income, less fortunate kids to play sports. There would also be free "Real Life" education classes for the local uneducated/less fortunate adults to take. This would teach them how to better handle their finances. With 24/7 access to financial and legal assistance.

Then, of course I would have one heck of a flashlight collection. ha!

I couldn't resist Paypal gifting people randomly. That would be a dream! Like when a active member here falls on hard times (which we have all seen). BAM! gift them whatever they need to get back on their feet. How cool would that be!
    However, there is one member here (whom I won't name) that is excluded from this offer! Due to their snarky rude response to a post a few months back. SO if you read this and I win, don't get too excited!! lol
    Don't worry Greta, I wouldn't leave the forum out. We would have the fastest servers in the forum business. I would pay all mods monthly for their hard work too! lol Oh, and I would buy Greta/CPF a matching mascot bulldog! So she would have 2!

I guess, I need to buy a ticket though!
    Last edited by Str8stroke; 01-06-2016 at 03:41 PM.
    Interested in Saltytri lights. Pm me!

Just went over 500 today...
    That's half a billion.
    John 3:16

That's funny.

We just had a guy here in town who won $10 million. He took the lump sum and after taxes he took home $4 million. We're all taking bets here at work as to how many years again until he is he is flat broke.

Basically, if I won a large amount I'd do the exact opposite of what that guy did.

Instead of massive, full page color photo in the paper proclaiming the amount I won, my name etc...I'd anonymously claim it. That way, all the distant relatives and "friends" from way back when would not be constantly hitting you up for cash and coming out of the woodwork to track you down and harass you.

Our local winner is complaining that random folks are showing up at his Lake house asking for money. Gee, I wonder how they all know? At least they haven't shown up with a gun and some rope...yet.

After anonymously claiming it, I'd probably immediately consult a lawyer and a financial advisor and then help out some friends and family...and then...bon voyage, I'll be MIA for several years, perhaps even indefinitely, because sooner or later everyone will know.

Oh, and for spending? A hoverboard, for sure.

Hmm, better do a forum search of my and Srt8stroke's posts. I don't think it was me, but why chance it? Never know, brother might get lucky.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Honorary Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by PartyPete View Post
    That's funny.

We just had a guy here in town who won $10 million. He took the lump sum and after taxes he took home $4 million. We're all taking bets here at work as to how many years again until he is he is flat broke.

Basically, if I won a large amount I'd do the exact opposite of what that guy did.

Instead of massive, full page color photo in the paper proclaiming the amount I won, my name etc...I'd anonymously claim it. That way, all the distant relatives and "friends" from way back when would not be constantly hitting you up for cash and coming out of the woodwork to track you down and harass you.

Our local winner is complaining that random folks are showing up at his Lake house asking for money. Gee, I wonder how they all know? At least they haven't shown up with a gun and some rope...yet.

After anonymously claiming it, I'd probably immediately consult a lawyer and a financial advisor and then help out some friends and family...and then...bon voyage, I'll be MIA for several years, perhaps even indefinitely, because sooner or later everyone will know.

Oh, and for spending? A hoverboard, for sure.
    Yep. That's basically unfortunately what you would have to do.
    It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.

Honorary Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by Str8stroke View Post
    If I won, and I am serious. Among many things: I would buy one of those mega multi million dollar bus RV things and travel the Con US visiting all the Custom flashlight builders, and active forum members. I would give every forum member I meet up with either a killer custom light or cash to buy their dream light. I would support any of the builders who need financial assistance (kinda like the Profit) that TV show. lol

Then, I would build or donate a huge fully outfitted park for all the local low income, less fortunate kids to play sports. There would also be free "Real Life" education classes for the local uneducated/less fortunate adults to take. This would teach them how to better handle their finances. With 24/7 access to financial and legal assistance.

Then, of course I would have one heck of a flashlight collection. ha!

I couldn't resist Paypal gifting people randomly. That would be a dream! Like when a active member here falls on hard times (which we have all seen). BAM! gift them whatever they need to get back on their feet. How cool would that be!
    However, there is one member here (whom I won't name) that is excluded from this offer! Due to their snarky rude response to a post a few months back. SO if you read this and I win, don't get too excited!! lol
    Don't worry Greta, I wouldn't leave the forum out. We would have the fastest servers in the forum business. I would pay all mods monthly for their hard work too! lol Oh, and I would buy Greta/CPF a matching mascot bulldog! So she would have 2!

I guess, I need to buy a ticket though!
    LOL

I think that's a great way to go.
    It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.

Honorary Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Just went over 500 today...
    That's half a billion.
    That's a pretty good chunk of change.

I recall some years ago an elderly woman from a poor family won one of the big ones. But she was in her early to mid 70s and I remember thinking it's too bad she didn't win it in her 50s or 60s so she could have enjoyed it more, maybe do some travel, or whatever. I seem to recall she helped out her own children and set up trust funds for the grand kids, and so on, but other than that, she didn't change her lifestyle that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Hmm, better do a forum search of my and Srt8stroke's posts. I don't think it was me, but why chance it? Never know, brother might get lucky.

~ Chance
    LOL, Not you my friend. I would imagine this individual know clearly who they are. They sent me a ugly PM, then blocked me after I posted some alternative suggestions in their WTB thread. So I waited a few months for the block to lift, then sent him a message. I shared with him how rude and disrespectful he was and that the whole thing could have been handled in a much more mature manner. But it's all good. Everyone has a bad day!
    I don't want to derail the Positive Lottery Dream Win thread.
    Interested in Saltytri lights. Pm me!

I vote for str8stroke to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead View Post
    If we were to win it we would purchase a Jon Madden type tour bus, travel this nation for the next 2+ years, stopping in as many towns as we could seeking out what local cause needs cash, anonymously donate and move on to the next town. At the end we would know where we would want to settle down with a nice piece of land.
    +

Great idea!
    with all the unprecedented flooding in the US, with many people not having flood insurance,, one big for this idea

Honorary Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    I vote for str8stroke to win.
    Me too! We need more citizens like him!

Honorary Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by orbital View Post
    +

Great idea!
    with all the unprecedented flooding in the US, with many people not having flood insurance,, one big for this idea
    Yes. It's the biggest El Niño in 18 years, and so some places are just going to get whacked.

Honorary Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by Str8stroke View Post
    LOL, Not you my friend. I would imagine this individual know clearly who they are. They sent me a ugly PM, then blocked me after I posted some alternative suggestions in their WTB thread. So I waited a few months for the block to lift, then sent him a message. I shared with him how rude and disrespectful he was and that the whole thing could have been handled in a much more mature manner. But it's all good. Everyone has a bad day!
    I don't want to derail the Positive Lottery Dream Win thread.
    Yeesh, sounds like a real self panicker. Sorry to hear about that, especially from a fellow CPF'er.

Unfortunately freedom of speech for some people means freedom to be a real malignant horse's derrière. LOL

But now back to positive thoughts like you said. I'm hoping you win!
    Last edited by magellan; 01-06-2016 at 10:16 PM.

Flashaholic*

Pay off my home 1st then pay off my children s homes and then buy a tour coach with provisions to carry my bass boat IN the roof of the coach and then blow some money on wants just for fun.
    will work for peanuts

I think it would be very fitting to buy the members a custom light of their choice and of course an all in meet up , and an awesome experience to use their lights! ..............has to be a place of no rain

My vote for str8 too

I think the best would be having the power($'s) to make a difference to the less fortunate, the satisfaction would be amazing!

$700,000,000+ as of today.

I'd buy the company I work for and fire a bunch of management then put a new roof on my shed, then split what's left with Str8stroke...
    Then about 275 days later ask him for a loan 'cause I'd probably be broke.

Flashaholic*

I'd become the worlds greatest supervillan

with the volcano lair and the whole works

I just would not be committing crimes. everything else I would do, except the criminal part of it

big lab, secret experiments, fancy motorized playtoys....
    posted by jh333233
    Dont cheat me, im expert in using crap light

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    $700,000,000+ as of today.

I'd buy the company I work for and fire a bunch of management then put a new roof on my shed, then split what's left with Str8stroke...
    Then about 275 days later ask him for a loan 'cause I'd probably be broke.
    +

The lump sum payment is always way less,,
    then there is no confusion & you have total control of adventures from that day forward (after taxes_________________

Flashaholic*

+

The lump sum payment is always way less,,
    then there is no confusion & you have total control of adventures from that day forward (after taxes_________________
    lump sum: after tax averages 58,000 per day for 20 years straight
    20 year annuity: 74,000 per day for 20 years

pick yer poison.

I'd lump sum it and go hide in plain sight.
    posted by jh333233
    Dont cheat me, im expert in using crap light

Flashaholic*

Default Re: $413,000,000

The annuity is based on 25 years not 20. I know, small point.

I want it all. I'd set up a trust to have payments go to. That way if you were to die, the trust still collects.

I'd love to purchase a previous employer. I wouldn't fire management I'd work them to death. If you fire them they might collect severance or unemployment. Make their lives as miserable as they did yours. Make them work all of the holidays.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.

+

I'd buy a titanium mine and drive a big ass loader around, pay myself $1 year.

Produce the purest titanium and stockpile 1kg bars in my bunker,,
    sell off as needed because there will be a market.

Then have a machine shop/plant and produce the trickest titanium products on the planet.

I'd hire Gene Malkoff long enough to build a few dozen MD1's and raffle off all but 2 here at CPF.
    I'm keeping 2.

I would buy me a boat!
    and if I was sitting on a hundred mil, I could buy me a brand new rod and reel!

My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Honorary Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    I'd become the worlds greatest supervillan

with the volcano lair and the whole works

I just would not be committing crimes. everything else I would do, except the criminal part of it

big lab, secret experiments, fancy motorized playtoys....
    LOL

Can I be your sidekick? Every super dude (good or bad) needs one. :-)

+

I'd buy a titanium mine and drive a big ass loader around, pay myself $1 year.

Produce the purest titanium and stockpile 1kg bars in my bunker,,
    sell off as needed because there will be a market.

Then have a machine shop/plant and produce the trickest titanium products on the planet.
    Tim, The Tool Man, Allen wrote in his book that someone should start a company where men could pay to drive/operate heavy equipment. Ar ar ar!

~ Chance
    Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 01-08-2016 at 11:45 AM.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

^^ Agreed.

I never said anything about quitting my job because:

^^ this

I get paid to watch giant Tonka toys all day. Used to operate them. But prefer watching these days.

Up to $800...
    Eh, that's enough... I might buy a ticket now.

And if I win...no firing all the managers. Nope a million $ reward will go to who can tell me who that stupid sob is who decided everything should be tied to the company network.
    Then when their updates every 15 days don't play nice with Windows they get to be my secratary and take care of the problem....
    Last edited by bykfixer; 01-08-2016 at 03:13 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast