Prometheus        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Current Powerball $

Default Re: $405,000,000

It's approaching a half a billion again.
    John 3:16

I guess one winner was sold? 429 million? Wasn't me...

Gotta play to win.

I tipped a popcorn girl at the movies the $5 that woulda been used to gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Gotta play to win.

I tipped a popcorn girl at the movies the $5 that woulda been used to gamble.

+

$700,000,000 currently

=== if won, your tips could go to $50 for the popcorn girl

Default Re: $40,000,000

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    We can stick a fork in this one.
    Time to break out the good silverware again
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

+

Just one hour south of me, the winning Powerball ticket was sold to one person.

$768,400,000!!!!
    The lump sum payout of $477 million

Being so close to me, I really thought of what I'd do in the first 10 minutes of complete/total realization winning that kind of wealth....
    staying calm at first, then going simply nuts

Makes perfect sense to me.

~ Chance
    Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 03-29-2019 at 07:42 PM.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

^

Understanding the immediate need to call your most trusted attorney, Estate Planner & Financial Advisor (whole team),,
    setting up a multitude of Trusts ect

With that all understood and in place,,,, then how to best close on Real Estate of ones dreams & so-on & so-on dot, dot, dot, dot, dot

Like we all have attorneys on our speed dial?

At my work folks were discussing the recent one ticket winner. When asked if I'd quit working my response was "yeah, but not here".
    "Would you give two weeks notice?, "Yeah, but I'd call in sick everyday"....
    - "Would you tell then you won the powerball?" "Pffft, aint no way I could keep that secret".
    - "Would you buy a new car?" "Nope I'd buy new tires for my 95 Ranger and strap it to the back of my new mobile home".
    - "What would be the first thing you'd buy?" "New work boots." Why?" "Because I will probably be bored in a few months and go back to work on a construction site." "Either that or I'd be broke in a year and need the job". "What? You have 4 hundred million dollars".... "So did Venezuala, and if Venezuala can do it so can I".

Default Re: Current Powerball $

I live in a small town with a fairly large lottery winner living here a few years back. Word travels fast and I believe in this state you cannot collect winnings anonymously so everyone knew this guy won a nice chunk of change - something like 7 million after taxes.

The guy and his wife were actually clients at my work, so I knew both of them. Both nice people. However, within 12 months he ended up divorced with the ex-wife taking the majority of the money, close to 60 or 70%, I believe.

Both ended up buying extravagant homes, cars etc. Family members they previously had little contact with started coming out of the woodwork and latching on. Both "played rich" for a few years and quickly realized they burned through a huge portion of the money and started selling assets at a loss, taking hits on properties etc.

Within 5 years both are essentially miserable and broke, constantly downgrading their belongings they can't afford and transitioning back to more or less the life they led before winning the lottery. This isn't anything unusual though, I recall watching a documentary on people who won sizable amounts from the lottery and a good portion of them managed to screw it up and felt it ruined their lives.

With that said, the first thing you do would be to find a good lawyer. The second thing you want to do is move far away and carefully assess which part of your family is not going to bleed you dry.

Wink Re: Current Powerball $

I would first take care of my immediate family. Buy my Mom her first house and a new car. Make sure my sister, brother and family has everything they need and that my daughter's college fund was stacked. Then, I would do a road trip across the US before heading oversees. I want to touch every single state we have. I'm ready.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234