Current Powerball $

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Current Powerball winnings :whistle:

..so where would your adventures start if you outright won it ?

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Re: $309,000,000

phew.......thought you had access to my saving account then............

:grin2:

That would fund a couple of nice lights............and a HUGE mansion to keep them in;)

jsmn4vu

Newly Enlightened

First thing would be to hide (see below). Then I would put it in a trust, and make every effort to ensure that the principal amount could not be touched for at least a generation or two. $309,000,000 should be able to produce about $24,720,000 per year in income in perpetuity. Regarding hiding, I'd do something similar to being in the witness protection program. Too many people, both friendly and unfriendly, would want a piece of you, and you'd need some time to sort that out.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

If we were to win it we would purchase a Jon Madden type tour bus, travel this nation for the next 2+ years, stopping in as many towns as we could seeking out what local cause needs cash, anonymously donate and move on to the next town. At the end we would know where we would want to settle down with a nice piece of land.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

If I won, and I am serious. Among many things: I would buy one of those mega multi million dollar bus RV things and travel the Con US visiting all the Custom flashlight builders, and active forum members. I would give every forum member I meet up with either a killer custom light or cash to buy their dream light. I would support any of the builders who need financial assistance (kinda like the Profit) that TV show. lol

Then, I would build or donate a huge fully outfitted park for all the local low income, less fortunate kids to play sports. There would also be free "Real Life" education classes for the local uneducated/less fortunate adults to take. This would teach them how to better handle their finances. With 24/7 access to financial and legal assistance.

Then, of course I would have one heck of a flashlight collection. ha!

I couldn't resist Paypal gifting people randomly. That would be a dream! Like when a active member here falls on hard times (which we have all seen). BAM! gift them whatever they need to get back on their feet. How cool would that be!
However, there is one member here (whom I won't name) that is excluded from this offer! Due to their snarky rude response to a post a few months back. SO if you read this and I win, don't get too excited!! lol
Don't worry Greta, I wouldn't leave the forum out. We would have the fastest servers in the forum business. I would pay all mods monthly for their hard work too! lol Oh, and I would buy Greta/CPF a matching mascot bulldog! So she would have 2!

I guess, I need to buy a ticket though!

Last edited:

PartyPete

Enlightened

That's funny.

We just had a guy here in town who won $10 million. He took the lump sum and after taxes he took home $4 million. We're all taking bets here at work as to how many years again until he is he is flat broke.

Basically, if I won a large amount I'd do the exact opposite of what that guy did.

Instead of massive, full page color photo in the paper proclaiming the amount I won, my name etc...I'd anonymously claim it. That way, all the distant relatives and "friends" from way back when would not be constantly hitting you up for cash and coming out of the woodwork to track you down and harass you.

Our local winner is complaining that random folks are showing up at his Lake house asking for money. Gee, I wonder how they all know? At least they haven't shown up with a gun and some rope...yet.

After anonymously claiming it, I'd probably immediately consult a lawyer and a financial advisor and then help out some friends and family...and then...bon voyage, I'll be MIA for several years, perhaps even indefinitely, because sooner or later everyone will know.

Oh, and for spending? A hoverboard, for sure. [emoji6]

magellan

Honorary Aussie

That's funny.

We just had a guy here in town who won $10 million. He took the lump sum and after taxes he took home $4 million. We're all taking bets here at work as to how many years again until he is he is flat broke.

Basically, if I won a large amount I'd do the exact opposite of what that guy did.

Instead of massive, full page color photo in the paper proclaiming the amount I won, my name etc...I'd anonymously claim it. That way, all the distant relatives and "friends" from way back when would not be constantly hitting you up for cash and coming out of the woodwork to track you down and harass you.

Our local winner is complaining that random folks are showing up at his Lake house asking for money. Gee, I wonder how they all know? At least they haven't shown up with a gun and some rope...yet.

After anonymously claiming it, I'd probably immediately consult a lawyer and a financial advisor and then help out some friends and family...and then...bon voyage, I'll be MIA for several years, perhaps even indefinitely, because sooner or later everyone will know.

Oh, and for spending? A hoverboard, for sure. [emoji6]

Yep. That's basically unfortunately what you would have to do.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

If I won, and I am serious. Among many things: I would buy one of those mega multi million dollar bus RV things and travel the Con US visiting all the Custom flashlight builders, and active forum members. I would give every forum member I meet up with either a killer custom light or cash to buy their dream light. I would support any of the builders who need financial assistance (kinda like the Profit) that TV show. lol

Then, I would build or donate a huge fully outfitted park for all the local low income, less fortunate kids to play sports. There would also be free "Real Life" education classes for the local uneducated/less fortunate adults to take. This would teach them how to better handle their finances. With 24/7 access to financial and legal assistance.

Then, of course I would have one heck of a flashlight collection. ha!

I couldn't resist Paypal gifting people randomly. That would be a dream! Like when a active member here falls on hard times (which we have all seen). BAM! gift them whatever they need to get back on their feet. How cool would that be!
However, there is one member here (whom I won't name) that is excluded from this offer! Due to their snarky rude response to a post a few months back. SO if you read this and I win, don't get too excited!! lol
Don't worry Greta, I wouldn't leave the forum out. We would have the fastest servers in the forum business. I would pay all mods monthly for their hard work too! lol Oh, and I would buy Greta/CPF a matching mascot bulldog! So she would have 2!

I guess, I need to buy a ticket though!

LOL

I think that's a great way to go. :bow: :bow: :bow:

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Just went over 500 today...
That's half a billion.

That's a pretty good chunk of change.

I recall some years ago an elderly woman from a poor family won one of the big ones. But she was in her early to mid 70s and I remember thinking it's too bad she didn't win it in her 50s or 60s so she could have enjoyed it more, maybe do some travel, or whatever. I seem to recall she helped out her own children and set up trust funds for the grand kids, and so on, but other than that, she didn't change her lifestyle that much.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm, better do a forum search of my and Srt8stroke's posts. I don't think it was me, but why chance it? Never know, brother might get lucky. :faint:

~ Chance

LOL, Not you my friend. I would imagine this individual know clearly who they are. They sent me a ugly PM, then blocked me after I posted some alternative suggestions in their WTB thread. So I waited a few months for the block to lift, then sent him a message. I shared with him how rude and disrespectful he was and that the whole thing could have been handled in a much more mature manner. But it's all good. Everyone has a bad day!
I don't want to derail the Positive Lottery Dream Win thread.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

If we were to win it we would purchase a Jon Madden type tour bus, travel this nation for the next 2+ years, stopping in as many towns as we could seeking out what local cause needs cash, anonymously donate and move on to the next town. At the end we would know where we would want to settle down with a nice piece of land.

+

Great idea!
with all the unprecedented flooding in the US, with many people not having flood insurance,, one big :thumbsup: for this idea

magellan

Honorary Aussie

+

Great idea!
with all the unprecedented flooding in the US, with many people not having flood insurance,, one big :thumbsup: for this idea

Yes. It's the biggest El Niño in 18 years, and so some places are just going to get whacked.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

LOL, Not you my friend. I would imagine this individual know clearly who they are. They sent me a ugly PM, then blocked me after I posted some alternative suggestions in their WTB thread. So I waited a few months for the block to lift, then sent him a message. I shared with him how rude and disrespectful he was and that the whole thing could have been handled in a much more mature manner. But it's all good. Everyone has a bad day!
I don't want to derail the Positive Lottery Dream Win thread.

Yeesh, sounds like a real self panicker. Sorry to hear about that, especially from a fellow CPF'er.

Unfortunately freedom of speech for some people means freedom to be a real malignant horse's derrière. LOL

But now back to positive thoughts like you said. I'm hoping you win!

Last edited:

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pay off my home 1st then pay off my children s homes and then buy a tour coach with provisions to carry my bass boat IN the roof of the coach and then blow some money on wants just for fun.

ven

Flashaholic

I think it would be very fitting to buy the members a custom light of their choice and of course an all in meet up , and an awesome experience to use their lights! ..............has to be a place of no rain:laughing:

My vote for str8 too:grin2:

I think the best would be having the power($'s) to make a difference to the less fortunate, the satisfaction would be amazing!

bykfixer

Flashaholic

$700,000,000+ as of today.

I'd buy the company I work for and fire a bunch of management then put a new roof on my shed, then split what's left with Str8stroke...
Then about 275 days later ask him for a loan 'cause I'd probably be broke.