Zebralight sc62 tint question

TA_ls1

Enlightened
I just got my Zebralight sc62w cool, and I love it. It is a perfect EDC for me, and the UI is awesome. However, I am unsure if I got the cool I ordered or the neutral tint. I compared it to my gfs Nitecore mh20 and my P12GT, and they definitely look cooler/more bluish, while my Zebralight looks white.

I'd post a pic, but I'm not sure how to do it from my phone. Otherwise does anyone have pics of the sc62 cool compared to neutral side by side? I am having trouble finding good comparisons. Thanks.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my Zebralight sc62w cool, and I love it. It is a perfect EDC for me, and the UI is awesome. However, I am unsure if I got the cool I ordered or the neutral tint. I compared it to my gfs Nitecore mh20 and my P12GT, and they definitely look cooler/more bluish, while my Zebralight looks white.

I'd post a pic, but I'm not sure how to do it from my phone. Otherwise does anyone have pics of the sc62 cool compared to neutral side by side? I am having trouble finding good comparisons. Thanks.

I don't believe you need to see pictures, but here they are: http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/b...67-beamshots-lampenbildern-11.html#post456197

Based on your observation of the comparison against your Nitecores, sounds like you do have the neutral version. Just light up the greens and browns of some vegetation and the difference should be even more obvious. ZL uses 6,000+K CW in its lights by the way, so if it's cool, you'll definitely see it as cool.

There's also this. It's the SC600 but tint difference should be the same:

holygeez03

Enlightened
For what it's worth... based on my experience, the SC62w tends to be less yellow than the SC600w in the video above and more towards rosy white... it can vary, but the difference between the ZL neutral and a typical cool LED should be very obvious.

TA_ls1

Enlightened
The video and your information has been very helpful, I think I got the neutral instead of the cool also. I'll check with Zebralight tomorrow, as I wanted the cool. Thanks.

holygeez03

Enlightened
Why do you want the cool? You might as well try out the W while you have it, especially outside... you might be happy that ZL made a mistake, if they did.

The light itself has writing stamped on it that should tell you if it is a SC62 or SC62w.

Also, you should be able to tell a fairly distinct difference between a neutral emitter and a cool emitter while the light is off.

TA_ls1

Enlightened
Why do you want the cool? You might as well try out the W while you have it, especially outside... you might be happy that ZL made a mistake, if they did.

The light itself has writing stamped on it that should tell you if it is a SC62 or SC62w.

Also, you should be able to tell a fairly distinct difference between a neutral emitter and a cool emitter while the light is off.

What would the difference in the emitter look like when the light is off?

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would the difference in the emitter look like when the light is off?

Does your our light have SC62 or SC62w stamped on it? The emitter would be more yellowish due to the coating on the neutral white version.

Btw, as suggested above you may want to try it out some more. If it's indeed a nice white then it will render color better. For example go outside and shine the light on something brown and then also plant foliage. Compare it with a cool white you have. You'll notice the cool white washes out the colors more while this one, if indeed a neutral, will make them stand out better and look closer to reality. The colors "pop" so to speak which is what most prefer.

holygeez03

Enlightened
There is always a chance the wrong emitter could have made it into a body stamped SC62w... probably unlikely.

markr6

Flashaholic
There is always a chance the wrong emitter could have made it into a body stamped SC62w... probably unlikely.

That, or the CCT is so far from the "norm" of a NW that it looks cool. I have an SC600w II that is much cooler than the 4500K. But in a very good way; it is about as good as you can get IMO.

uofaengr

Enlightened
My SC52w and SC62w with the same emitter look almost nothing alike so it does happen. The 52 appears somewhere around 4400K or less, much greener on lower modes. The 62 looks closer to 4700-5000. Much whiter and consistent throughout modes.