Just got my first ZebraLight. I'm a definitely fan!

GPS Rider

Newly Enlightened
I've got a 325 rotary on order from Henry, but had to feed the addiction, so I just received an H600FwII, my first ZebraLight. Instant fan! Great tint, lovely floody spread, feels good in the hand. I can't wait for sundown! Fido is gonna get a long walk tonight! :party:

What do you guys recommend for the second ZL to add to the stable. Let's try a strong thrower this time. :D:D:D

GR

Last edited:

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Re: Just got my first ZebraLight. I'm a defintely fan!

I have the h600fw ii on my hard hat. Awesome tint and beam for closed up work and reading prints. The new sc600 iii xhp35 hi is supose to have some good throw sounds like

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast

Zebralight's focus is on small compact lights. To get big throw lights usually need a big head. As such, there aren't any "strong thrower" Zebralights.

Zebralight's upcoming product spreadsheet does mention a version of the SC600 MK3 with a smooth reflector and XPL HI. If this version is released it will be the throwiest Zebralight (my guess maybe 20k lux).

However, be aware that often products listed on that spreadsheet never get released. So until it actually appears on their spreadsheet, don't count on it seeing the light of day.

jak

Enlightened

What do you guys recommend for the second ZL to add to the stable. Let's try a strong thrower this time.
Strong throwing isn't really Zebralight's thing, but as mentioned previously, pre-order the SC600 XHP35 HI.

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast

Might want to read the spreadsheet/product page again, guys. I believe it has the xhp35 hi, not xpl hi. And it says orange peel reflector, not smooth.

Last edited:

Muzzleblast

Newly Enlightened

I am new to modern LED flashlights and been doing a lot of research here. I love the reviews and beamshots of the Zebralight SC600. The beam profile and tint seems to be just the ticket for walking the dogs through wooded areas. But, I just can't seem to come to terms with the price tag on these. I'll probably start off with something else in the compact, pocketable category... wishing a had one of these all the while...
MB

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am new to modern LED flashlights and been doing a lot of research here. I love the reviews and beamshots of the Zebralight SC600. The beam profile and tint seems to be just the ticket for walking the dogs through wooded areas. But, I just can't seem to come to terms with the price tag on these. I'll probably start off with something else in the compact, pocketable category... wishing a had one of these all the while...
MB

Most here probably felt the same when they became interested in flashlights. I certainly did. It wasn't long ago that I believed I would never get a Surefire or a Zebralight. I believe once you've done your research and made up your mind that you really want a light that you can afford, get it. Don't settle for anything less just because it's cheaper, because you'll soon become dissatisfied and look for yet another light, then another, and another. Soon you will end up with a bunch of lights you don't really like, and realize the irony that the money you've spent on them all could have been spent on the one light that you really like all along.

markr6

Flashaholic

Most here probably felt the same when they became interested in flashlights. I certainly did. It wasn't long ago that I believed I would never get a Surefire or a Zebralight. I believe once you've done your research and made up your mind that you really want a light that you can afford, get it. Don't settle for anything less just because it's cheaper, because you'll soon become dissatisfied and look for yet another light, then another, and another. Soon you will end up with a bunch of lights you don't really like, and realize the irony that the money you've spent on them all could have been spent on the one light that you really like all along.

Exactly! I find Zebralights do just about everything I need, and they do it well. Then fill in any gaps with some other lights if necessary (a good thrower, 2-4x18650 formats for crazy output, etc)

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast

MB

You may want to go with the SC62w by Zebralight. It's on sale for $75, takes both protected and unprotected 18650 batteries and has a similar beam profile as the MK2/3 models but with a little less throw. Great light for walking, biking, EDC, and really just about everything else.

tops2

Enlightened
Just got my first ZebraLight. I'm a defintely fan!

I got my first Zebralight (SC5w) over the Christmas break and love it.

I also thought I would never spend this "much" on the light but after all the research, I came to terms with the price and bit the bullet. Why spend spend the money on multiple other lights when I know in the end I'll never be satisfied and may end up with a Zebralight anyway?

Of course, the drawback is it killed off my interest in most other lights. ;-)

I'm only really really contemplating one of the SC600 or SC6x variants, or go for the stuff like HDS or McGuizmo...

If I can resist, I'll EDC the SC5w and use my Thrunite TN12 2014 for when I want more throw and lumens. Then in 1-2 years, pick up a new Zebralight 18650 then. ;-)

Last edited:

mountain_man

Newly Enlightened

Only last week I got my first Zebralight; the H600F MkII. I chose it over the Nitecore HC30 because of its excellent customisable UI and better battery life on middle and lower modes. I'm really happy with it and it's certainly worth the extra money in my opinion

dragonhaertt

Newly Enlightened

I have a zebralight H502 myself and, even though I haven't owned many lights, I must say zebralight has the best interface.
If i had one of the SC models I think I would EDC it.
Too bad they don't make a rear clicky model, I prefer the back clicky for fast acces, and a head diameter that is the same as the body diameter makes it easier to pull out of your pocket.

Last edited:

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congrats! GPS you also need to hang out at the Led/batt forum as 18650 is a great battery format. [emoji2]

TCY

Enlightened

I was instantly hooked to ZL the second I got my SC62W. It does everything it claims to do and is superior to those PD35s and P12s as a pocketable EDC light. It's like the EDC version of the M43 Meteor: just as powerful as their competitors, but smaller, lighter and more versatile. I only own one ZL light at the moment and am happy to upgrade when something like the SC63W equipped with XHP35 5000K 90CRI comes out.

markr6

Flashaholic

I only own one ZL light at the moment and am happy to upgrade when something like the SC63W equipped with XHP35 5000K 90CRI comes out.

I'm really hoping they make that! But it would probably be called the SC63d. The SC63w should be nice at 4500K, but only if you win the tint lottery.

TCY

Enlightened

I'm really hoping they make that! But it would probably be called the SC63d. The SC63w should be nice at 4500K, but only if you win the tint lottery.

63d sounds right. I've always thought my 62W has a perfect pure white tint but now that I got my M43 with Nichia 219Bs it seems like my 62w has a somewhat rosy tint. Would really appreciate if ZL cherry picks the 5000K LEDs and saves us the trouble!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

I got a ZL SC5w and it is nearly the perfect EDC. Haven't purchased a ZL in years after there were quality control issues but not hearing any recent problems went for it. So far I am happy with the gear item. I do wish they came with a sheath for pack carry.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got a ZL SC5w and it is nearly the perfect EDC. Haven't purchased a ZL in years after there were quality control issues but not hearing any recent problems went for it. So far I am happy with the gear item. I do wish they came with a sheath for pack carry.

If they made a 90+ CRI SC63 would you buy one? I'm really hoping they do.

Muzzleblast

Newly Enlightened

I was instantly hooked to ZL the second I got my SC62W. ... It's like the EDC version of the M43 Meteor: just as powerful as their competitors, but smaller, lighter and more versatile...

Well... Thanks OP and guys for the feedback. Looks like I need to get a SC600 inbound...