How to strip the LS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil_B

Enlightened
I bought a LS that has been modded,off a member here.Top stuff,very bright and has an amazing spread.
The problem is that it has hair(carpet fibre?) and dust behind the front lens.It doesn't affect function but... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I noticed there are two tiny holes in the back of the lamp assembly.Do these engage the tool to unscrew it?
I'm a machinist,so making the peg spanner will be the easy part. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
All help gratefully received,links to threads,suggestions,drawings etc.
It's a fine light,just a question of pride in ownership!!
ATB,Phil. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
that ring holds the board in the head.the optic is held by another ring.
if you remove the board you might be able to use some compressed air to clear the optic.found out when a ls i got had a slightly loose board.
snugged it up but got loctite crumbs on the optic.
i used canned air to get rid of the crumbs.
when you put it together do not overtighten as pressure seems to be applied to the optic via the emitter.

cosco

Newly Enlightened
There is a nut holding the board with emiter in right place. You can unscew it easily. From the factory the nut is epoxy fixed but from the modder I do not know. The epoxy can be carefuly dremeled out. Then the circuit board goes out. Then there are two similar nuts, not epoxy fixed. First holds the circuit board from the other side. Second holds the optics. Unscrew all, clean it and put back in the same order. It seems to me that every nut has a bit different shape so rather remember their order.

cosco

Status
Not open for further replies.