S1 Baton Clip Mod

Megaman85

Newly Enlightened
One of the only things I dislike about the S1 is the clip. I don't care that it's a friction clip, but Olight just re-purposed the S10 clip, which is elevated off the body to clear the reflector head. This isn't need in the S1, so the clip gets stuck on the bump in the middle about half the time I use it. I alleviated the problem by printing out a little ramp and super gluing it to the flat that indicates the polarity of the battery.

Let me know what you think:
8aolFOK.jpg

TzMx9zG.jpg

I drew the piece in OnShape and printed it out on my Printrbot. I then sanded the ramp surface with 220 - 400 - 600 grit sand paper to give it a relatively smooth surface.

If anyone else has a 3D printer and wants to make one of these, just search for S1 Clip Guide on OnShape to find my drawing.

If anyone doesn't have a printer and really wants one, let me know below. If I get enough feedback, I'll just print up a batch of them and send them out for free.

Overall, it makes the light slightly easier to re-clip, but it's still pretty much a two hand job because the bottom of the light is too close to the clip, and gets too much traction on the inside of my pocket.

Mega

Last edited:

Speedfreakz

Newly Enlightened
I can't see the pics on tapatalk. The clip is the only "bad" thing about this light. I tried to bend out the tip of the clip and it broke off:banghead: