Surefire E2d Ultra issue

troubled1

Newly Enlightened
About a year ago I bought a E2d Ultra, I swapped the head to my old incandescent E2d body and had been carrying since with a protected 17670 battery. Worked like a charm, bright with lots of throw which I like. It suddenly stopped working. I've tried different Batts including regular 123 and nothing will not even flicker. It's like it just died. Any ideas or suggestions?

skillet

Enlightened
Try another tailcap or you can remove the tail cap and short the exposed end of the battery tube to the negative end of the battery and see if you get anything.

nimdabew

Enlightened
Contact Surefire if you have a bad tailcap. They will send a new one out to you at no cost. Not sure what happened with their hassle free warranty item page on their website. That was really convenient to get quick replacement parts.

troubled1

Newly Enlightened
Ok I tried that and still nothing, wondering if the head is just dead at this point.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the batteries are good and it doesn't light up by bridging from the tailcap end of the body to the negative battery contact, then the head is definitely the cause.

A phone call to Surefire is the next step for you to take.