• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired $475 - bolt-on DOT compliant LED headlights - JW Speaker model 9800 kit

calflash

Enlightened
No longer available - DOT compliant LED headlights - JW Speaker model 9800 kit

DOT compliant LED headlamp system - JW Speaker model 9800 kit

For sale is a new two light kit, labeled 9800 by JW Speaker, part number 0550061. They are bolt on DOT compliant headlights that meet FMVSS 108 standards for low, high, front position, and turn - all in one light. Here is a PDF with the specs: http://www.jwspeaker.com/?post_type=part&p=8679&preview=true

I purchased these to put on someone's vehicle for use as auxiliary lows and auxiliary highs but the plan has changed. The box is open, but nothing has been mounted, plugged in, or damaged. They might be a great option for auxiliary lights or could even be used as a headlight solution for custom vehicles?

List Date: 1/12/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: DOT compliant LED headlamp system - JW Speaker model 9800 kit
--------------------------------------
Price is $475.00 plus flat rate $15 for shipping.
Please click Panjo original listing link above to purchase. Thank you!
--------------------------------------
candlepowerforums

Last edited:

calflash

Enlightened
Re: DOT compliant LED headlamp system - JW Speaker model 9800 kit

Added an additional photo of the box contents.

calflash

Enlightened

Dropped price to $620 for a full $100 off online selling price.

calflash

Enlightened

I'm sorry but I will have to take these down for a bit. I thought I'd try to do a mini review on these since I am so impressed with them. So I have hooked them up to power and removed the blue lens protector material. I will likely re-list them after I am done testing (playing with them) - probably for a different price.

calflash

Enlightened

These are for sale again. I did remove the blue plastic lens protection material and plugged in the lights. I hoped to provide some pictures but I learned that accurate pictures of beam patterns like these require a skill set and equipment I don't have.

I did measure the lux but got confusing results. Again this likely indicates inexperience or poor equipment but here they are:
High: 64,727 candela
Low: 24,105 candela

JW Speaker says 52,000 candela on the high beam and I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing so take my numbers with a grain of salt or throw them in the trash:)

The lights are marked left and right. They each have one reflector with four sections. The outside is the front position and turn. The two middle are the low beam - one is more foreground light and one is the longer distance beam for low beam. The high beam activates all four reflector sections.

Any questions I might be able to answer?

calflash

Enlightened

Dropped price to $550.00 plus $15.00 for shipping.

calflash

Enlightened

Price drop: now $495 and $15 for shipping.

Last edited:

calflash

Enlightened

Price drop: $475 plus $15 shipping

Sale closed. Thanks for looking.

Last edited: