Weapon Mounted Light (Remote Toggle Switch)

Diatech

Newly Enlightened
Hello!

I purchased a Thorfire VG10 with the intention of mounting to the picatinny rails of an AR15 (which is working pretty well, I must say).

Ideally, what I would like to do, is replace the clicky tailcap with an off/on toggle switch connected to the host via a remote wire (I'd be mounting the toggle to the foregrip). I've seen pressure switches that do this (think this : Link) but I'm looking for an actual toggle, rather than something you need to constantly squeeze.

I don't know if what I'm looking for actually exists, but I'd be pretty excited if it did. Also - just as a side note, how would I select the mode with a remote toggle switch? Would it work the same way the original clicky button did on the tailcap?

Thanks for any help/advice you can give!
Dustin

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would buy that remote switch/tailcap you linked, then cut off the pressure pad. Strip the ends of the wires, and then fine an automotive toggle switch that will work for your application. Switch on = circuit closed = light on, and switch off = light off. Shouldn't be that hard to do if you have some wire strippers, a crimper, and some blade connectors.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Hello!

I purchased a Thorfire VG10 with the intention of mounting to the picatinny rails of an AR15 (which is working pretty well, I must say).

Ideally, what I would like to do, is replace the clicky tailcap with an off/on toggle switch connected to the host via a remote wire (I'd be mounting the toggle to the foregrip). I've seen pressure switches that do this (think this : Link) but I'm looking for an actual toggle, rather than something you need to constantly squeeze.

I don't know if what I'm looking for actually exists, but I'd be pretty excited if it did. Also - just as a side note, how would I select the mode with a remote toggle switch? Would it work the same way the original clicky button did on the tailcap?

Dustin

Google "Night Evolution" or search Fleabay using the same nomenclature. I'm more than sure you will find what you can either use or make work. BTW welcome to CPF!

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Hello!

Dustin

Nice idea.

Just gotta make sure the vibrations don't cause it to cycle.
Maybe a rocker switch?

Maybe I'm thinking wrong here but it seems to toggle would require a finger tip dedicated to the switch to flick it back n forth, where a rocker would allow constant contact (similar to the button type) with a sliding action for on/off (like a safety on some weapons)????

My son had a toggle for his radio antenna in his car and when driving on a bumpy street it would toggle unexpectedly. He opted for a rocker and has had zero issues since.

Last edited: