copper s1 baton

rodney1968

Newly Enlightened
I have a s1 baton that when its on high its supposed to drop down in power to keep from overheating, I was messing with it last night and did not notice it was turning itself down and was getting very hot from front to back so I just turned it off waited for it to cool and tried again still doesn't turn down and gets very hot fast.
I am using the battery that came with it and had checked the battery before it was down to 40% capacity will that cause it not to turn itself down from full power?

andrewnewman

Enlightened
Your eyes may be deceiving you. The S1 will gradually ramp down after 90 seconds to around 60% of original brightness. It takes a full additional 90 seconds to get there. Copper is an excellent conductor of heat. It was probably hot because it was keeping the electronics and the LED cool(er). The step down is timed, not based upon temperature.

Try this. Turn it on high and set a timer for 3:30 minutes. After this turn it off and immediately turn it on. It should look a good bit brighter. If not, or if it's actually so hot you cant hold it, you might have an issue.

Good luck...