*new* Fenix TK09 2016 edition (XP-L HI, 1x18650)

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
New edition of the TK09
nQWWTfa.jpg

r5QaCKJ.jpg

XLe0UrL.jpg

Launch debate over if this is a true/good "tactical" interface :poke::popcorn:

eVokcBG.jpg

eVokcBG.jpg

BeL52Wt.jpg

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
So... no grip ring? Or can you still put one on it?

>>> Just looked at it on the site and it doesn't look like you can put one on. Maybe it's just me, but that feels like Fenix is cutting corners. Grip rings on the TK10, TK11, TK21, TK22 and first TK09 are what make them such good lights to me. It is one of the only lights that just grips your hand and makes it nearly impossible to drop even when holding it with barely any force. At least give the option to put on on with a smooth thread ring on it if you don't want it on there.

2nd edit: I guess they do have the TK16, but it would be nice to see this XP-L HI version with a grip ring too. This has significantly more throw than the XM-L2 TK16.

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll admit I kind of like how it looks, but still would prefer the option of having or not having one on.

I'm also a little confused on how the mode changing works. If you turn it on it's on high/turbo, right? But then if you don't press anything within 1 second is it "permanently" on high until you fully click if off after that one second or can you still cycle the levels by tapping after it's on all the way?

I'd personally like it where if it's on all the way and in turbo you can't change it until you turn it off. That seems more "tactical" if you will in that then you can't accidentally bump the button and change the modes while on.

Does somebody know how it works for sure? Does it work like the original TK09 mode changing?

Last edited:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm also a little confused on how the mode changing works. If you turn it on it's on high/turbo, right? But then if you don't press anything within 1 second is it "permanently" on high until you fully click if off after that one second or can you still cycle the levels by tapping after it's on all the way?

I'd personally like it where if it's on all the way and in turbo you can't change it until you turn it off. That seems more "tactical" if you will in that then you can't accidentally bump the button and change the modes while on.

Does somebody know how it works for sure? Does it work like the original TK09 mode changing?
I'd say that's exactly how it works - if it's you'd have to switch it off and on again within one second to cycle to the Mid level. I can't say it for sure as I don't have the light but I don't see how it could work differently if the on-off-on within one second changes modes.