Surefire 300 minimus

nkrantz

Newly Enlightened
Just a heads up.....I just talked to surefire and the new minimus should be available sometime in February

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update.
Hopefully it has the wide beam of the Titan AAA and warm tint.
Hopefully is 1xAA format.

Oh man is 123 format.
I want to see this in 1xAA format and 200 lumens max is fine with me.

Last edited:

shrike2222

Flashlight Enthusiast
2524814F569E3285139BC0

It is Max Vision reflector with 300 lumen max output.
2359C04F569E328719CD98

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the move away from the fresnel lens was a good one, too many issues and too floody. If they truly improved the runtimes as opposed to tweaking and using 'step downs' to achieve better stats I think it will address some basic upgrades that were well overdue.

nbp

Flashaholic
I love the function of my Saint Minimus but the beam is kinda ugly and the backscatter is annoying. With the beam pattern of the Titan Plus reflector in it it seems, this could be a very nice replacement.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I guess I'm the outlier here (wouldn't be the first time, lol), but I love the beam on my original Minimus. I have tried out a few reflectored headlamps and dislike the spot/flood characteristics for my applications - very close work, reading, and only the occasional campsite duty. For these situations, the even flood from the fresnel lens is perfect, so even though I'm pleased to see the upgrade for this model I'm a little bummed that they changed this. I have seen many complaints about beam artifacts in the old model and I confess to having not yet seen SF's new reflector design however.

Jeff S.

Newly Enlightened
Kestrel, I've never had such a love/hate relationship with a beam than with my minimus. On one hand, it illuminated my field of view better than any other headlamp, but, on the other hand, even in real world use the artifacts (on my headlamp at least) could be distracting. I once jumped while setting up my tent because when I moved my head, I thought something was moving on the ground.

Anyways, I sure hope they come out with a 200 lumen vision model.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any experience with new reflectors in the Titans,2211X or XC1, but in the videos I've seen and how it's been described, the beam is pretty even with little or no discernible hotspot.

nbp

Flashaholic
I'd describe the new Titan beam pattern as "tasty". Haha. But I'm all about that punchy flood.

nbp

Flashaholic
Yeah I really like the Titan beam for short to medium use as it is a smooth floody beam. I guess to test it I could try to tape it to a hat or something to get a feel for what it would be like as a headlamp.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Would a diffusion film clean up the beam on an older minimus?
I'm afraid not; I've played with diffusion film on a few lights (the older XR-E/optic LD01's were good candidates, & I have one right here in my vest pocket :)), but the lens on the Minimus is extremely domed, with no way to attach diffusion film to it.

gunga

Flashaholic
Hey thanks! So the new headlamp is interesting. It's 12 different levels with a push button on the side. Hmmm. Can anyone estimate the lowest level on a current minimus (vision)?

pulstar

Enlightened
Lowest level on my Vision is literally firefly level - useless for me:) Does anyone know, what is the projected MSRP for new Minimus?

gunga

Flashaholic
Perfect! That's what I want. My favourite is the jetbeam tcr1 /rrt01. The light was tritium level at the lowest.

Last edited:

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
12 levels with a push button. Like to see the output table and if this address the lack of a lock-out on the previous model.