Replacement Pocket Clips for Zebralights?

MarkF786

Newly Enlightened
Now that I've gotten my first Zebralight (an SC5w) and discovered that the pocket clip is so stiff than I can barely use it even with two hands, I've been looking for a replacement. I found a lot of similar feedback regarding ZL's pocket clips in older threads, so apparently this problem exists with many of their flashlights. It's surprising ZL hasn't fixed this shortcoming, considering how well designed and well made their flashlights are in most other regards.

I saw some recommendations to replace the clip with a 'Titanium Alloy LED Flashlight Clip' (http://www.banggood.com/Titanium-Alloy-LED-Flashlight-Clip-For-Nitecore-Jetbeam-Niteye-p-89414.html) from BangGood, but sadly they only have the small one available nowadays. I've searched several other places online but haven't found any other good alternatives yet. Does anyone have suggestions for a usable replacement clip?

Thanks for the help.

Mark

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I've gotten my first Zebralight (an SC5w) and discovered that the pocket clip is so stiff than I can barely use it even with two hands, I've been looking for a replacement. I found a lot of similar feedback regarding ZL's pocket clips in older threads, so apparently this problem exists with many of their flashlights. It's surprising ZL hasn't fixed this shortcoming, considering how well designed and well made their flashlights are in most other regards.

I saw some recommendations to replace the clip with a 'Titanium Alloy LED Flashlight Clip' (http://www.banggood.com/Titanium-Alloy-LED-Flashlight-Clip-For-Nitecore-Jetbeam-Niteye-p-89414.html) from BangGood, but sadly they only have the small one available nowadays. I've searched several other places online but haven't found any other good alternatives yet. Does anyone have suggestions for a usable replacement clip?

Thanks for the help.

Mark

The one I used is the small one and works great! I had a thread awhile back about it and the one pictured on the SC5 is the short one, they didn't have the long ones in stock at that time either. Another option is to carefully bend the ZL clip out more and if you bend it just enough it loosens the stiffness. I've used both methods with success just be careful when bending the clip not to bend it too much so that it's too loose, getting it bent back so it's tighter isn't as easy.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have 2 of the BG long ones, they work well but they're ugly as ****.
i am buying now the pocket clip from FT.

MarkF786

Newly Enlightened
The ones at FastTech appear to be for Convoy lights, though I've wondered if they'd fit ZL too. Have you tried one yet? BTW, Mountain Electronics seem to have the same clips if you wanted to avoid the slow boat from China.

holygeez03

Enlightened
Instead of bending the clip manually, which could easily damage it... has anyone tried progressively slipping in pieces of material and leaving them under the clip fr a while to see if will take a set? Pieces of fabric or cardboard could work to build it up.

MarkF786

Newly Enlightened
I don't think bending the metal to make a wide gap between the clip and the body is an optimal solution; if you bent it enough for thick fabric, then it wouldn't grip on thin fabric. The better solution would be a clip made of more flexible metal.

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think bending the metal to make a wide gap between the clip and the body is an optimal solution; if you bent it enough for thick fabric, then it wouldn't grip on thin fabric. The better solution would be a clip made of more flexible metal.

Bending it by hand is what I did and works well as long as you're careful not to bend it too much. The replacement clip linked above is also a good option.

gunga

Flashaholic
The convoy clip from fasttech and mtn electronics does not fit. The bolt holes are smaller with wider spacing. While you can file or drill out the holes to fit (I did one to make for narrower spacing) it's a pain. A decent clip.