Looking for a 90 degree decent range led light US Made

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all, I m not up on all the lights we have available to us these days but I m looking for US Made only. 90 degree head, decent range and high power if possible. Thanks

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not what you asked for so feel free to ignore me, but the best headlamps available are from Zebralight. The H600fd mk3 is fantastic - 5000K neutral white tint, ~85 CRI, nice floody beam with a slight hotspot right in your focal point, 11 output levels ranging from 870 lm to 0.01 lm with a great UI for navigating them, great PID temp and voltage regulation so output is as flat as it can safely be. Plus is very light and comfortable. I've worn my for hours at a time with no discomfort. For something with a bit more range (which I'm interpreting as throw) they have the H600 mk2 series but I don't have first-hand experience with those lights. There's nothing else like them on the market, in my opinion.

...but they're not made in the USA. Zebralight has a facility of some sort in Texas, claims to be an American company, and supposedly uses some US parts, like Alcoa aluminum, but they're actually made in China.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't think he meant headlight per se. More details would be helpful. Alot of types like the above mentioned Zebra, none are US made that I'm aware of. But for US made angle lights, all the below have them.

Fox Fury
Pelican
Streamlight
and of course the venerable Fulton.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I appreciate that and dos look up zebra light before but strictly has to be us made, especially since I m in the uk and the exchange rate what it is. Chinese make some good stuff in many cases I ll admit but I m an American worker looking to support my own people and buy our products... But thank you.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Don't think he meant headlight per se. More details would be helpful. Alot of types like the above mentioned Zebra, none are US made that I'm aware of. But for US made angle lights, all the below have them.

Fox Fury
Pelican
Streamlight
and of course the venerable Fulton.

I had a couple of Fultons that eventually died from leaky batteries, but I would love to get a new one with an LED conversion!

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are going to have trouble finding anything comparable that is made in the US man. Especially in a 90 degree headlamp format. Zebralight is American owned and operated. They just manufacture their lights in China.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I appreciate that and dos look up zebra light before but strictly has to be us made, especially since I m in the uk and the exchange rate what it is. Chinese make some good stuff in many cases I ll admit but I m an American worker looking to support my own people and buy our products... But thank you.

RYT ON!!!!

Streamlight as a rule still has numerous US made lights, yet slowly seem to be having more made overseas.

So definitely check into the brands reccomended in post #3

Last edited:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elektrolumens used to, may still, sell a converted Fulton. Pretty sure plenty could mod them easy enough as well.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Streamlight PolyTac 90 is assembled in the USA and has worked well for me for a few years. The beam is good quality, with good throw and generous spill. It employs a reflector and is powered by 2 CR123A batteries.

The Surefire TIR based lights probably throw farther, but at the expense of spill and higher cost.

Link to manufacturer's web page: http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=220

streamlight-polytac90.jpg

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all, I have somewhere to look or a starting place I should say. I know other countries make some good stuff but I love the stuff that says made in the us especially when that stuff stands up to its name

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys... The first light tomahawk is the one I need to look into. It's impressive for sure.... Thanks again for the input.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing i don't like is that it doesn't take a single 18650 cell.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
:) will be awhile before I can get one but I think that's the one. Have a few other priorities that have to come first but I may be in touch for some advice and answers if that's ok

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's absolutely fine. I hope you enjoy your new light.