My buddy lost his L4 today.

bwcaw

Enlightened
My good freind and fellow cpf'er Matthew and I were on a hike today, and we got back after walking about 6 miles he realised he didn't have his L4 in his pocket! It is sorta a double bummer too because he can't afford to replace it. He is now without his edc light, and his only surefire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

bryguy42

Newly Enlightened
seems like another 6 mile "reconaissance" hike is in order... hope you find it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Clifton Arnold

Newly Enlightened
Now you see why You and your friend should have stayed home and studyed up on the CPF pages. By the way I also missplaced my L4 last night but At least it is in the house
some where. I told my wife today clean the house and she said why I just did it. I told her that she would then maybe find my L4

paulr

Flashaholic
Is he absolutely sure he had it with him when you left on the hike? I had a loss like that recently, realized that my light wasn't in my pocket and was sure I'd left it in a restaurant, but a few days later it turned up under my bed.

If he's sure he lost it hiking, yeah, I agree, time to retrace your steps and look for it.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you guys need to retrace your steps pretty quick. If not someone else may have just became the lucky owner of a L4.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cue003 said:
Sounds like you guys need to retrace your steps pretty quick. If not someone else may have just became the lucky owner of a L4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Exactly where was it again you said you lost it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bwcaw

Enlightened
I don't worry about somebody picking it up, it was out in the middle of nowhere. The only problem is that we just got 8 or so inches of snow (first snowfall this year whoohoo!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) so the search is off for about a week or so.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
took the words right outta my fingers..

i'd go rent one quick.. i can't wait for snow to melt!

if i lost a light and waited for snow to melt i'd be here 'til mid-June!

Edit:
a lanyard would solve the problem too, haha.

bwcaw

Enlightened
Those are all good ideas, but those are things that you need to do *before* you lose your light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't think the snow will harm the L4 if we are ever able to find it though, so I am not worried about that. I sorta feel my buddies' pain though as it used to be my L4. If he does find it after the snow melts he will definately have something to put on sf's testimonials page!