Does anyone own an olight m23 javelot?

therazorsedge

Newly Enlightened
I tried using a flat top 18650 and it doesn't work. Do I have to use a button top battery or is a flat top supposed to work?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edited Cause I had posted wrong info. lol I don't want to cloud the correct answer. My apologies.

Last edited:

Taz80

Enlightened
I have a M23, and my flat tops work. They are Fenix, AW, Klarus, Tenergy and batteries I scavenged from a battery pack.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried using a flat top 18650 and it doesn't work. Do I have to use a button top battery or is a flat top supposed to work?
Flat top will work.
Are your batteries long enough ?
Does the light work at all - with primaries ?

therazorsedge

Newly Enlightened
The battery is using is from my vape device. It's a 18650 Sony vtc battery (green one) I charged it all the way but still nothing when I turn on the light. Any suggestions? I know olight has a 5 year warranty so I'm hoping if anything is wrong with the light then the warranty will take care of it.

kj2

Flashaholic
It should work perfect with a 18650. Do want to ask you, if you've two of those CR123A batteries, to test them.
Otherwise contact you dealer where you bought the light. If bought at a official Olight dealer, it should be easy to receive a replacement, or get the light fixed.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some Olights are pretty sensitive to battery length, but I've seen that mostly with the multi-cell lights. I've got an M23 at home and can check it with some different cells this evening.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
The battery is using is from my vape device. It's a 18650 Sony vtc battery (green one) I charged it all the way but still nothing when I turn on the light. Any suggestions? I know olight has a 5 year warranty so I'm hoping if anything is wrong with the light then the warranty will take care of it.
Take the tail cap off and try turning the light on with a paper clip or something, if its the switch you will know. Most likely olight will just send one out to you.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can confirm the other reports here. I tried my M23 with my collection of 18650s and they all work. My longest ones are protected button-tops, like KeepPower 3400s. My shortest ones are Samsung 30Q flat-tops. They all work fine in the M23.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
My M23 works with all my flat top cells. This includes all the long and wide cells.