Fenix TK61 OR Olight SR52-UT?

wjv

Enlightened
Fenix TK61 OR Olight SR52-UT?

Both have similar characteristics.

I know there are other candidates in this class of light, but the two things that make there two stand out are:

- Both have exceptionally good run times, even on MAX output.

- From all of the reviews I looked at, both have pretty good tints. No Puke green with purple highlights!

So which one of these two would you get? Reason?

Anything else out there in the ~800 meter class with 4 or less 18650s, and good tint and great run times?

Thanks!!

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always consider size when I buy a light - I have small hands so if two lights do the same thing I choose the smaller.
This may or may not help !

ven

Flashaholic
Yes, if its out of the above 2 lights then i prefer the sr52 size/form factor. The tk61 is quite a beast of a light and found after a time i did not use due to this. The sr52 though is more of a go to size, fits nicely in hand and simple UI. No very low mode(maybe an issue for some), but i do like the UI by simply pressing/holding to ramp up a mode/s. The USB is handy to have if taking a charger with you is not convenient.........

In standard form , both the KCD is similar , due to the XP-L HI in the sr52UT, yet a far more compact light.........so that would be my choice out of the 2 mentioned. Little more user friendly slipping 3 cells into the light come time to change fuel, over removing a carrier and swapping the 4 in the dark!:)

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight SR52UT has an advantage in the size and weight. It's significantly less bulky than lights like TK61 and TN32UT. TK61 is the clear winner when it comes to stable high output, however. Partly because it uses 4 cells compared to 3 like the other.
I have as well SR52UT and TN32(not the UT) and like them both. SR52 is the choice for portability but otherwise TN32(I have the neutral) is my favorite thrower with the beautiful tint and the mode selection control ring.

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very different lights, one big and one medium size. There is an alternative of the AceBeam K40s XP-L HI. I would go with this over the TK61 and TN32UT.

SR52UT for smaller size and weight or K40S for an alternative. I think you would be impressed with either.

wjv

Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies!!!

Leaning towards the Olight.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight SR52UT XP-L HI. I think it's a good choice. Still not convinced. Look at the review.

Agreed, the TK61 is quite a bit larger than the Olight plus it doesn't have a stock performance advantage other than runtime. The Olight has plenty of runtime on max, that is the direction I would go with on the OP stated needs/desires.

wjv

Enlightened
Ordered the Olight SR52UT. . . But couldn't help myself and also ordered the Olight SR Mini II.

So now I'll have a "matched set". One flood one throw.

Up to now my best thrower and flooder have been the same light. A Fenix TK51 with 2x900 lumen LEDs. One for throw (425 meters) and one for flood.

The Olight SR52UT. is a ~2x increase over the TK51's throw, and the Olight SR Mini II is also about a 2x increase over the TK51's flood when the Mini is on high. 4X when in momentary turbo mode. Yet the run times are similar.

Now I have to wait for Amazon (52UT) and FastTech (Mini II) to deliver. . :(

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered the Olight SR52UT. . . But couldn't help myself and also ordered the Olight SR Mini II.

Up to now my best thrower and flooder have been the same light. A Fenix TK51 with 2x900 lumen LEDs. One for throw (425 meters) and one for flood.

The Olight SR52UT. is a ~2x increase over the TK51's throw, and the Olight SR Mini II is also about a 2x increase over the TK51's flood when the Mini is on high. 4X when in momentary turbo mode. Yet the run times are similar.

Yes, these really are matched companions!

ven

Flashaholic
Congrats on your duo, great lights, solid, nice UI(little different as one is press/hold to ramp, mini is double click to advance) but simple and works all the same

wjv

Enlightened
Last Dec I had my 15th anniversary (or adversity :eek:) where I work and got a little 15 year award and a check for $300 ($200 after taxes). So since I spent 15 years earning that $200 I figured I'd treat myself!

Hey Ven. . Too bad someone wrote all over your nice Olight with a silver marker. . . :nana:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last Dec I had my 15th anniversary (or adversity :eek:) where I work and got a little 15 year award and a check for $300 ($200 after taxes). So since I spent 15 years earning that $200 I figured I'd treat myself!

Don't feel bad. Thirty years will earn you a Chinese made trinket that will show up in the mail, broken.

At one time, the awards center had some nice gifts available. We could at one time select a Victorinox Swiss Champ and a Streamlight light. Can't get a knife any longer, or the Streamlight, but they have these nifty crank lights.

You done good purchasing the SR52 lights. Even the ones Ven has with the scribbling on the side.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool, let us know when you get them.

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing:

Well you did better than me, I had 20yrs in last July, really struggled spending the £25 love to shop voucher........

15yrs was better, choice from a catalogue of up to £500 and a meal out, don't know why 20yrs is so bad. Still at 25yrs I get a months salary tax free which is good......not long now :rolleyes:

Just remember every time you power them up, all your hard work will be ahead,illuminating your next 15yrs...:p

wjv

Enlightened
Have had both for a couple weeks now.

Can say that these are absolutely the two best lights I have ever owned.

Also I'm a run-time fanatic so these lights also fulfill that requirement!!!

High powered, compact and great run-times with good beams/tints.
:D :D :D