New Micro LED Headlamp from CMG Equipment

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
CMG Equipment has a new micro LED Headlamp. It is called the Tracer. It has two LEDs and is powered by a single AAA battery. This headlamp weighs 1.8 ounces. Its dimensions are 2.25 x 1.0 x 1.5 inches. The CMG Tracer is a regulated LED headlamp. The retail price of the CMG Tracer is $25.00.

paulr

Flashaholic
Oh cool. At first they sold these only through EMS. Pretty tempting. Only the PT Scout and Black Diamond Ion are at or below its weight class. I wonder why they felt they needed the overhead strap. Anyway I'm glad you're carrying these.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
As I said in the Reviews forum a minute ago, if the Tracer is out now, I'll see if I can get an evaluation sample from my "inside man" at CMG. Then we'll all know more about the Tracer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Plinko

Newly Enlightened
I REALLY like the looks of that...and the fact that it runs on a common battery size, and the fact that Li AAA's will be available soon...maybe a perfect replacement for the PT Aurora. I'm curious if it has dimming/flashing/etc, and what claimed battery life is.

paulr

Flashaholic
The one thing that bugs me about it is the three point strap system. I don't see why they couldn't use a single elastic headband like the PT's. More straps flopping around = clumsier light to stow.

hideo

Enlightened
seems excessive for such a small light with only 1xAA, but IMHO, the three point is mandatory for heavier lights--

I'm trying to find a spare to cobble onto my Elektrolumens 1W eye-scorcher (which definitely needs the support)

just picked up a BD Moonlight Pro which is 3xAA (rear batt pack) and ditto, I really like the top strap

hideo

paulr

Flashaholic
I have an Eveready 3xAAA headlamp with one strap and it works fine without a top strap. Maybe a 3AA light would need a top strap though.