1127 Eveready bulb

edpdx

Newly Enlightened
Found a great headlamp made by Eveready. The bulb requirement is Eveready 1127 a screw in type. It runs 3D batts. What can I use? I can't seem to find an 1127 anywhere on the net.

Thanks,

Ed

bykfixer

Flashaholic
This would be good to ask over in the incan section..

I'd say welcome based on posts, but it appears 1 & 2 took 7 years...lol

Welcome back?

Can you post a photo of said bulb? It may be that Phillips made/makes one like it.

Last edited:

edpdx

Newly Enlightened
This would be good to ask over in the incan section..

I'd say welcome based on posts, but it appears 1 & 2 took 7 years...lol

Welcome back?

Can you post a photo of said bulb? It may be that Phillips made/makes one like it.

I feel welcome here. The kind of thinking and ideas that go on here are the kinds of things I admire. Innovative thinking in an "open source" forum. I have, since signing up "7" years back -seems longer, purchased and modded an Apex Pro, when it broke, I found out here that they had great Customer Service, they said send it back for repairs- no charge. I said I could do the repair myself, if it was all the same. He sent the parts. Next time it broke, he sent a new replacement. Wow

I've built some good lights and bought some real gems- including a a Eveready Captain Lantern #153WB mint in box. It uses a flat 6V 520 NLA. It does accept a standard 6V Lantern though.

Ray-O-Vac Sportsman's Lanterns- the ones that sit on a 6V battery, and hunters and competing models, big fun at campouts when folks have to go in the middle of the night. It's funny, people always ask about them.

Sorry, I can be a lurker, but you see how I am when you get me started :eek:.

I'd love to post a pic, but the bulb is missing.

Thanks,

Ed

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I feel welcome here. The kind of thinking and ideas that go on here are the kinds of things I admire. Innovative thinking in an "open source" forum. I have, since signing up "7" years back -seems longer, purchased and modded an Apex Pro, when it broke, I found out here that they had great Customer Service, they said send it back for repairs- no charge. I said I could do the repair myself, if it was all the same. He sent the parts. Next time it broke, he sent a new replacement. Wow

I've built some good lights and bought some real gems- including a a Eveready Captain Lantern #153WB mint in box. It uses a flat 6V 520 NLA. It does accept a standard 6V Lantern though.

Ray-O-Vac Sportsman's Lanterns- the ones that sit on a 6V battery, and hunters and competing models, big fun at campouts when folks have to go in the middle of the night. It's funny, people always ask about them.

Sorry, I can be a lurker, but you see how I am when you get me started :eek:.

I'd love to post a pic, but the bulb is missing.

Thanks,

Ed

Cool story.

How about a pick of the light? Maybe it'll strike up somebody remembering "oh yeah that one"...

edpdx

Newly Enlightened
Here are a couple of the flashlights/lanterns. For some they may not be 'collectible' grade, but I'd rather snap up what I find cool, when it presents rather than hoping I run across on in better shape later.

Enjoy, thanks for any help on this bulb I need.

Ed

WP_20160125_20_56_23_Pro.jpg

edpdx

Newly Enlightened
All steel miner lamp with remote cord for hardhat wear. 3D batteries. The chrome handle extends for hand carry, or down for hanging on a nail or pocket. There is a belt clip on the side. It's heavy duty. I may remove the screw that holds the bulb socket and replace with a modern maglite #D bulb.

Minimoog

Enlightened
All steel miner lamp with remote cord for hardhat wear. 3D batteries. The chrome handle extends for hand carry, or down for hanging on a nail or pocket. There is a belt clip on the side. It's heavy duty. I may remove the screw that holds the bulb socket and replace with a modern maglite #D bulb.

What I do is use any old screw bulb, remove the old globe and solder in a new Mag bi-pin bulb, then secure with white epoxy. I have done this for quite a few screw fit old torches - really brightens them up.