HDS systems EDC please help

TA_ls1

Enlightened
Has anyone had experience sending a light back to get fixed? How was the service and how long did you have to wait? I sent mine in mid December and haven't heard anything from him since Dec 28th...what's going on?

nbp

Flashaholic
I don't recall exactly how long I waited but I think probably 2-3 weeks sounds right. Henry was on the road for SHOT show here in the middle of January so I'm sure that clogged up his schedule a bit.

LedTed

Enlightened
I don't recall exactly how long I waited but I think probably 2-3 weeks sounds right. Henry was on the road for SHOT show here in the middle of January so I'm sure that clogged up his schedule a bit.

If Henry's absence is the cause of delay, for the sake of CFP members, I hope Henry never: gets sick, goes on vacation, or wins the lottery and decides to do something else.

nbp

Flashaholic
CPF lore has it that Henry is the only full time employee of HDS. If Henry ever goes away, I think HDS will too.

twin63

Newly Enlightened
I don't recall exactly how long I waited but I think probably 2-3 weeks sounds right.
Same here. I had an issue with my EDC 120 (parasitic battery drain). It was returned in good order, but the problem resurfaced some time later. On the second occasion, Henry sent me a new light. Maybe not the fastest turnaround time, but excellent customer service. If anything, the 2-3 weeks without my light forced me to use some of the lights I have laying around gathering dust.:)

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent my light back during one of his supply issue fiascos and being it couldn't be repaired I was offered a replacement but had to wait for the parts to be available. I think it was 13 months or something. Hopefully you will not have to wait anywhere near that long. Funny thing was the replacement light had some issues, minor, and when I contacted him he told me to return the light and my reaction was "oh no, another year", even he laughed.

LGT

Enlightened
I've sent a light in for repair while Henry has been at the shot show. It takes a little longer than normal turnaround. I waited about five weeks.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to senda light in for repairs a couple of years ago, and at the time, the turn-around was less than two weeks. Couldn't tell you what it is today.

Minimoog

Enlightened
Reading this I just remembered that I ordered a 200 Rotary towards the end of last year and 18650 tube. I knew it would be a while as they are hand assembled - what sort of time frame is usual?

nbp

Flashaholic
When parts are available, 2 weeks.

But an unspecified change in the Rotary tailcaps has halted production for some months. We don't know exactly when they will be shipping, though the date of Feb. 12 has been mentioned by some who have been in contact with Henry.

Minimoog

Enlightened
When parts are available, 2 weeks.

But an unspecified change in the Rotary tailcaps has halted production for some months. We don't know exactly when they will be shipping, though the date of Feb. 12 has been mentioned by some who have been in contact with Henry.

Thank you - that is helpful.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
whatever you send henry it comes back 100%!.
great warranty HDS!.
I've waited a few weeks from london and back.
worth it.
you can always mail him to keep track.