Fourseven's Smart lights

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is any else as excited about "smart" lights as I am? I watched the video from the SHOT show of FOURSEVEN's "smart" lights. I really like these. They appeal to my Geek side. I initally just ordered the Navi, then I went ahead and ordered the Quark Smart QSL as well. I am really excited for these lights. I haven't been REALLY excited by a new light in a VERY long time!! I haven't bought a new light in years either!! Is anyone else really excited about these? Have you ordered one or both? The software for the iPhone is out today, by the way.

scout24

Flashaholic
I've been following the app process, and ordered today when it was released. I really think this may be the way forward for programmable lights. It has the potential to essentially have any UI you want, depending on how far 4Sevens wants to push things. Ramping in either direction? One, two, or ten levels in ascending or descending order, with or without memory. Hi only, momentary, like a SF 6P. Want only 40 lumens max, low-high for a kid-safe UI? No problem. Want a strobe? Pick one. Pick your own frequency. Make your own. How bright would you like it? Pull up the app and program it on the fly. Maybe even have the ability to save 1,3,5 programs and reduce the time needed to switch. Mind boggling!!! :) Never mind all the heat and proximity fields available, too. Truly awesome potential... Malestrom Smart next?

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, I have been playing around all night with mine. I can't help but predict that this "UI", if we can still call it that, is the way of the future. I am willing to predict from this point forward this is what all manufactures and driver builders will be striving for. No more 8 or 10 taps and having to remember the programing. Soon, we just hit the app and pick what ever Mode or Groups we want at that moment.

I can't imagine how well this will sell in the future as the app features grow. I keep in my mind that this is so ground breaking, we are sorta the "Beta testers" no matter how you look at it. I have no problems with that. Even as a Beta, it works as described, and the future updates will be just as awesome. I am calling it Beta, that is my personal classification.

Anyways, lots of fun to be had now and more to come.

AustinWolv

Newly Enlightened
Very cool stuff indeed, and thus very interested to see where it goes. The ability to set it up the way *I* want in that form factor, while someone else with a different need/want from the way it works does it their way is pretty damn cool. I'm new to the flashlight following, but in doing a lot of reading over the past several days, I've had to cross off some interesting-looking lights/form factors just because I didn't like the UI.

And I really like my Quark 123^2 still.

The thing keeping me from ordering the Smart QSL is that I'm not seeing how it it pocket-carried since I don't see a clip for it......

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking forward to trying it as well in the soon to be released AA light. My only hope is there is a neutral tint version offered, I'm pretty well done with cool white. My only hesitation is reliability. I know it's no different than the circuitry in a smart phone (although I still carry a simple flip phone), something about having this advanced of a light makes me leary of relying on it soley. I think I would use it as a general work light and still keep a simple light for rough use.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Str8stroke: Oh what fun that you been playing with your light. Which one did you get? Or did you get both? I agree about being a beta tester, and I too am so good with that. What settings did you end up programing your light with? Or are you constantly changing it?

Like I said, I haven't been this excited about a light in a LONG time.

I see that the app. is only available for the iPhone, as I went to go try to download it for my iPad, and it said it it didn't exist. I am sure that it will be along shortly.

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
Doesn't really appeal to me but I understand the cool factor. If Foursevens has enough marketing it may sell well though. I wish them luck.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Str8stroke: Oh what fun that you been playing with your light. Which one did you get? Or did you get both? I agree about being a beta tester, and I too am so good with that. What settings did you end up programing your light with? Or are you constantly changing it?

Like I said, I haven't been this excited about a light in a LONG time.

I see that the app. is only available for the iPhone, as I went to go try to download it for my iPad, and it said it it didn't exist. I am sure that it will be along shortly.

Quark Smart QSL-X
I am enjoying the PRO set up now. I may end up liking the Infinite the most. I am still learning it. It seems really slick.
Yes, I am constantly changing it around. Mostly just playing around and learning it.
Try the Iphone app for the Ipad. It will likely work. That is pretty common. I can test it tonight when I get home.

anybody know the range of the ''Navi Smart''...?
Can't speak for the Navi, but I am getting well over 20 feet with the Quark, that is through a thin sheetrock wall.

Doesn't really appeal to me but I understand the cool factor. If Foursevens has enough marketing it may sell well though. I wish them luck.
It is different. I like the idea the light when camping the most. I can tail stand it in my kitchen area of the camper and put a rechargeable in it. Then control it from anywhere in the camper. Wireless lighting. Very practical for me. Also I can use the strobe light feature during Halloween. lol

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if the time required between tail switch pushes to change modes can be changed using the App?
I am not sure what you exactly are asking. But when I click a button on the app, the light changes almost instantly. When I click the switch on the light, the app shows the changes instantly. Does that answer it?

BillSWPA

Enlightened
I am not sure what you exactly are asking. But when I click a button on the app, the light changes almost instantly. When I click the switch on the light, the app shows the changes instantly. Does that answer it?

What I am asking is, when selecting the modes and more sequence for the light, can I specify that I must turn the light off and on again within 0.5 seconds in order to cycle to the next mode rather than turning the light off and on again within 1 second?

With the Quark click, activating the light within 1 second of the previous activation changes modes. My preference is for something shorter to keep me in the desired mode during intermittent use of the light.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Navi arrived today!! I am having such fun playing with it & my iPhone. I can't wait until the Quark Smart QSL arrives.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I am asking is, when selecting the modes and more sequence for the light, can I specify that I must turn the light off and on again within 0.5 seconds in order to cycle to the next mode rather than turning the light off and on again within 1 second?

With the Quark click, activating the light within 1 second of the previous activation changes modes. My preference is for something shorter to keep me in the desired mode during intermittent use of the light.

I don't see that option in the app currently. I would imagine that could be something they could add down the road. The sky is the limit.

scout24

Flashaholic
Not to distract from TKC's thread, but I started a "What Would You Like Added" thread so we could brainstorm, compile a list, and hopefully 4Sevens will see it...

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to distract from TKC's thread, but I started a "What Would You Like Added" thread so we could brainstorm, compile a list, and hopefully 4Sevens will see it...
+1 on the list! I think that that is a brilliant (pardon the pun) idea!!