Headlamp with usb charging and red light illumination

npoc

Newly Enlightened
Hi I'm trying to find a headlamp with micro-usb charging, and at least a red light function. Of course it must run off of 18650's.

I'd like the micro-usb charging because I plan to use this on overnight hikes where the lamp can charge off of my solar panel during the days.

I've already found the nitecore hc90 and fenix hl60r, but I was hoping to find something a bit cheaper. I've searched e-bay but had little luck finding something that will charge off of my usb port solar panel.

Thanks,

Yamabushi

Enlightened
+1

If you're going to strap a li-ion battery on your head, don't go cheap on either the lamp or the battery.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
HC-90 is worth the investment. Also get a quality protected battery. Otherwise you are basically strapping a sealed pipe with a who knows what "battery" to your head.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1

If you're going to strap a li-ion battery on your head, don't go cheap on either the lamp or the battery.

Save up and buy a real light. Like either of the two you mentioned. Buying cheap junk just doesn't work out in the long run.

HC-90 is worth the investment. Also get a quality protected battery. Otherwise you are basically strapping a sealed pipe with a who knows what "battery" to your head.
Welcome to the forums!

Listen to what these guys are saying. It's not worth buying a cheap light with a cheap battery and risking it blowing up while strapped to your head. No we are not exaggerating either, cheap lithium batteries can and most likely will vent which inside a sealed metal tube results in a violent explosion. If you are not familiar with lithium batteries check out the "how to safely use lithium batteries" thread in the battery subforum.