My Fenix PD32 2016 video(s) (more soon)

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88aI-pyPyTs

This is my first video completed. It's an overview of the PD32 2016 edition. Weather permitting, I hope to get a night time video done later, to show it's closer range, further range, to provide an experience of what it is like walking around with a thrower lighting your path etc. Then I will make a video comparing the PD32 2016 with the original PD32, the PD32 Ultimate Edition and for completeness my PD35 TAC, since that has been my EDC which is to be replaced by the PD32 2016.

Here is the playlist for this flashlight. It contains all videos that I make for the PD32 2016.

Video 2: Beam footage (Indoor & Outdoor)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yAMdQvf-m0

Last edited:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool vid , thanks for sharing :cool:

You're welcome :) I have now uploaded the second video. I'll get to the comparison video, most likely at the weekend. Maybe sooner, just depends on what I have going on.

Enjoy everyone.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for doing the videos. I'm enjoying my PD32 2016. Finally a small 18650 thrower that does not have a large head. It would have been good if they could have made it 1000 lumens like PD35 Tac.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Nice videos, TechWG, thanks... You've got one of the first English-speaking Youtube reviews for this PD32 (2016 edition) model - I'm sure you'll see a good amount of traffic...

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice videos, TechWG, thanks... You've got one of the first English-speaking Youtube reviews for this PD32 (2016 edition) model - I'm sure you'll see a good amount of traffic...

Hopefully so :) It was nice to see the foreign ones, but they did not really show anything other than talk about the light. I do like this light a lot. Just the fact that I have a thrower that feels fine for close range is epic. Of course 1000 lumens would have been nice, but I'll take 900 since it has extra throw. I look forward to the day the next one comes out, either with more lumens or a newer LED.

Actually, at some point I would love a neutral tint true floodlight, maybe something small, in addition to my full size EDC. I know 18650 like the back of my hand but I never remember the 1 CR123 size equivalent, but perhaps one of those which has little-to-none hotspot and is all/mostly flood. I do not know of any lights that fit that category, so if you do I'd be interested in knowing.

I have the more basic Fenix battery charger and have now ordered the more advanced 4 bay digital read-out one so that I will be capable of buying and using lights that use other battery types.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
I am partial to Fenix flashlights - however I'll probably hold off on getting the new PD32 only because right now I do not live in an environment where I need a light with significant throw capabilities... Right now 99% of my flashlight usage is for very short distances and I already have a 3-4 compact flashlights that are sufficient... However in the not too distant future I am hoping to relocate to a more rural environment with wide open landscapes and under those circumstances it would be nice to have a more powerful thrower...

As far as new Fenix flashlights are concerned, I am hoping they will soon release an updated version of the LD12 - with the new stainless steel sideswitch and perhaps improved LED output and efficiency...

One thing I don't care for that Fenix is doing is that they are switching to the silver pocket clips for some of their newer models... Wish they would stay with black..