What added functions would you like to see in 4Seven's Smart Lights?

scout24

Flashaholic
Okay, I know these JUST came out, and I admit to hopefully having mine tomorrow, it's not in hand yet. As Str8Stroke said in another thread, "The sky's the limit"... Let's blue-sky a bit here, I'll try to keep track of all the unique answers in post #2, and hope David keeps tabs on this thread... :D

EDIT- No "Neutral or High-CRI" responses, please... :poke:

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Okay, so just in order from the posts below...

1. Health meter. (Maybe a pedometer?)
2. Some sort of infrared capability for garage door openers/ car doors.
3. Control of the side switch emitters- color and brightness.
4. When paging, ability to choose main or side emitter and brightness.
5. Ability to lock out either or both switches.
6. Auto lock, kills Bluetooth after a set amount of time.
7. Alarm function/ sleep function. Start on moon and ramp up to high, or reverse that for sleep mode.
8. Timer to shut down after a programmable amount of on time.
9. Kid Mode- Program for a set amount of max output, maybe lock out switch of choice.
10. SOS Pro Mode- programmable for Morse Code, or at least some preset messages.
11. Roll Your Own Strobe mode- either choices of frequencies, or a true DIY strobe.
12. More one-hand-friendly app- light in one hand, easier to make changes via phone one handed.
13. Make it easier to tell light is on when in app- different screen color, bigger icon?
14. Camera flash or trigger?
15. A MS App...
16. The ability to assign one specific output to one of the switches, and have the remaining work through the second switch.
17. A lightly crenulated bezel. Possibly removable, with choice of current or smooth reflector.
18. Voice command.
19. Complete UI control, with true moonlight.
20. RGB version?
21. A pocket clip.
22. USB out for charging other devices
23. Mode memory, or the choice of it at least...
24. Longer Bluetooth range.
25. Higher Max output.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Ugh! Hate it when an edit becomes a double post.

Ok, since we're talking crazy pie-in the sky here...
A health meter...so we don't have to show unscrupulous folks that our samsung/apple watches are available to be hacked into while waiting in line at Arbys etc...
Whut-the-heck?

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Well if it can be done through a phone screen...

Add an infrared emitter and involve remote control features like garage door opener or other simple on/off tasks...lock/unlock your car etc.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent idea. I can only imagine how this list will grow as other users get theres and come online. I know some of this may be dreaming or way down the road, but I have put some thought into it. I also understand that we have version one of the app and there is already a update soon to be released. Pls correct me if I am wrong. Also, let everyone know if someone suggests something you have already found. Been there already. lol

Str8strokes dream ideas/tweaks list: (BTW: I plan to update it as I use it more)
- Total control of the side switch light. From changing colors, beacon modes, full on page etc. I swear for a brief moment while I was playing I saw a amber color???
- Choice when paging light to use Side light, main light or both. If you page it now, main & side, and it is in a room where others are sleeping, they are gonna be mad!!!
- Lock out, then lock out choices of side switch or rear.
- Auto lock. Locks out and kills blue tooth after say..... 3 days of no use
- Switch deactivation. I would like to be able to turn off the side or maybe rear, or maybe both with out locking it out. So if a pesky kid picks it up, with out the app it won't work.
- Alarm/wake feature. Say I want it to Turn On in Moon at 5 am, and slowly ramp up to High. Again choices, ramp speed, max output, and of which leds alerts you.
- Sleep mode. does opposite as above.
- Timer feature. Turns off after preset time period. Hit a button to turn back on and start over
- Kid mode, (slight tweak of above) where it only goes on medium, and timer shuts it down after say 10 min. They can then hit button to turn back on.
- SOS Pro mode. This would be really trick, and mostly fun. Ham radio guys would find it cool too. Ok, you can program the light to send CW (aka morse code). Instead of just SOS, you could type out some brief preset messages and it would blink them out.
- Strobe. fully adjustable frequencies or even a few choices
-Larger icon or screen color change to let you know the light is ON when viewing app. Also, I find the On off button is too small on the app. Lower left part of screen would be easier to use on a iPhone6 Plus. One hand operation of App should be paramount. Chances are I have light in one hand and phone in other and I am walking. You can tell it was designed at a desk. lol

Not sure if possible
- Aux camera flash???
- Aux camera trigger?
- Wifi in lights designed down the road would be trick! I know you can't do it in this version. Just was thinking that on the larger lights in the years down the road.

I came back to edit and say: none of the above are complaints. Just ideas to make already groundbreakingly cool, totally freaking awesome!

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ exactly.
Many are still strapped to Windows for work use.
And some of us prefer Winows OS over the fruit.

Trouble is, it'll take 6-8 patches before it works correctly. lol...then those weekly updates where Windows designers have figured out another way to share your data...eh just kidding.

But seriously a MS app would be a good one.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
If we can teach it to cook some may trade their wives/girlfriends for one.

My boss says he hides his wifes Christmas present in the oven.
"She'll never find it there" he quips.

Banfield

Newly Enlightened
#1 on my list of wants is the ability to program 1 exclusive function to the tail switch, and have all of the fancy low/medium modes accessible directly (and only) through the side switch. If that functionality becomes available on the app, I'll likely buy one immediately.

nbp

Flashaholic
Moving this to LED... partly 'cuz that's where it should be and partly to mess with Scout. LOL :nana:

PS: Can't wait for my QSL! Hope it comes this week!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember that turnabout is fair play... :touche:

Very nice. Its ON now!

scout, It isn't your fault! You know he has been stalking this thread for a few days and is mad his hasn't come in yet!! hahaha Not to mention, you won't have to worry about him for a few days after he gets his light. He is gonna lock himself in a dark room for a few days! But....when he gets out! :whoopin:

nbp

Flashaholic
Very nice. Its ON now!

scout, It isn't your fault! You know he has been stalking this thread for a few days and is mad his hasn't come in yet!! hahaha Not to mention, you won't have to worry about him for a few days after he gets his light. He is gonna lock himself in a dark room for a few days! But....when he gets out! :whoopin:

Bwahahaha. :crackup: That is so true...it's winter, I've got nothing else going on..... Which reminds me, I'd like to see a girlfriend feature added to this light. :hahaha:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to be able to voice command the the Smart lights.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
My immediate and first thought which prompted me to log in for the first time in over a year was better, more usable/ practical quality light and color.

My next thought, of course is 18650 quark smart light.

Beyond that give the user actual low level programming options for the light. I want to be able to make my own UI. I do not want someone else's UI, no matter how many pre-made UIs are already in there.

I'd like to have lights turn on/off with proximity to my ANDROID phone/ tablet. I'd like to link multiple lights to the camera to "flash" when I release the shutter. I would like to be able to program a multi light light-show. I want a new Quark RGB light with intelligent UI where I have control of each individual die's output and on/off flash patterns.

Automatic Morse code... I type, the light flashes Morse code, camera on a receiving device translates it back into text would be sweet too. :)

I can keep going, the smart enabled control is the basic technology, now put some polish on it. :)