Olight S30R Baton II

bvincent

Newly Enlightened
Long time listener first time caller......updated from my trusted Fenix E21 to the Olight S30R Baton II I love the light but the magnetic charger doesn't seem to be as good as the light I'm on my second one in a month anyone else having issues and what's a good 18650 battery charger?

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I'm reading that correctly then only 1 charger failed on you, right? So you've got your replacement and its working properly? I think you probably just had a fluke because I've never had an issue with one of the Olight magnetic bases (I've had several, and an S30R II has lived on my bedside table for months now). Any manufacturer is going to have a certain amount of defective products. It happens, but I think you'll find the Olight to be very reliable from here on.

That said, I do also own a Nitecore D4 charger because I've got lots of other lights without built-in charging. The Nitecore chargers are very well respected. Another good option is Xtar. I recommend illumn.com for batteries/chargers.

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened
I swear by the xtar VP2 but own 4 different xtar Chargers and a nitecore i4. I definitely prefer xtar over nitecore but any of them work well and have been working for me for years.

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
I've got about 10... not because their any good but because they're all so unreliable!!

I'd love to see something like a "QUALITY" WP2S by nitecore; I'd happily pay 5x as much for 1 really well built charger than buying 5 cheap chargers because they keep breaking. I personally don't know of any quality chargers. Nitecore is incredible cheap, Fenix - held together by duct tape!