Delrin vs. stainless steel bezel rings - any strong feelings?

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some stainless steel bezel rings, and am planning on getting some more, but I think that black Delrin rings (which Oveready is unfortunately currently out of) would look better on a couple of G3 nitrolon bezels that I have, and it got me to thinking - are there any advantages to the Delrin rings? Theoretically, polymers should "give" more on impact, but Delrin is pretty hard, and maybe there isn't much "bounce" to it. Also, has anyone even heard of someone breaking or deforming the lip of a nitrolon bezel from an impact? Is this really much of an issue?
I am feeling a little more protective of my bezels these days since Surefire has discontinued almost all of the models that I own, and I don't know how long they will have replacement parts. The "rapid replacement parts" program quietly slipped beneath the waves without me even knowing that it had happened.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Delrin is tough. It is said that it does not conduct heat as well as aluminum, but stainless steel is not the best at shedding heat either. The white delrin bezel rings have a somewhat translucent nature to them that may be useful for some flashlight applications. I also use delrin tailcaps from Oveready with great satisfaction. Since the delrin is a black color, through and through, the inevitable scratches do not show up like scraped off anodizing can, that reveals bare aluminum underneath. What's more, is that the continual screwing and unscrewing of tailcaps to replace batteries is not causing aluminum-on-aluminum wearing of the threads. If one values lighter weight components, delrin comes out on top there, as well. These aspects can also be considered applicable to bezel rings. Oveready now offers crenelated black delrin bezels. Last time I looked, they were kind-of hard to find on the Oveready website and no picture of them was available. ElectronGuru; Maybe when you can, let's see those babies.