How was Forever bright reliabilty this year?

LED-FX

Enlightened
Just befor it fades from memory, jsut wondering how people found reliablity of the newer version Foreverbright Seasonal lights?

I had a few strings of the 2002 version lit and a couple that wouldn`t light...

If anyone wants to clear any FBs I`d be interested, paypal waiting ;-)

Thanks
Adam

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problems at all among my warranty-replacement sets during the month-long lighting season. White and blue, a total of 630 LEDs, dated 2003 but I believe they are actually 2004 designs because they were rushed out very late on to get them to me in time. Shorter than the 2002 editions with 4 inch lamp spacing and non replaceable LEDs.

Incidentally I had no problems with the multicolour and all-red/all-yellow 2002 FBs, and have had two sets of the original 2001 "antique candlelight" strung accross the celing in here for about two years now, no problems there either (other than the fact that they are so dim!). Only the white and blue 2002 sets suffered multiple failures.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BeagleLight

Flashaholic
I purchased two white strings, and 3 blue strings. The white were very white, but one of blue strings was an off-blue color. When I tested it by itself in the garage, it looked OK, but when I had it strung up in series with the other blue strings and lit up at night, you can see the tint variance. Didn't bother to take it down and return it though as I was crazy busy during the holiday season. Will have to find a different use for it next year if at all as it looked strange strung up with the the other blue strings.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have not had any problems with the 2003 sets I bought, or the two (I think) 2003 sets I was sent. The (I think) 2002 all-blue set I got sometime in October or November 2002 along with three other sets came with a burnt out LED, but I used the set anyway, and had no additional problems with it.

The only sets I had go out were 2001 Forever Brights. An antique candlelight set I had in the bathroom went out in early 2003, a multicolor set I plugged in in late 2003 flashed at normal brightness and then went out a fraction of a second later, and two more multicolor sets were out when I tried them in October 2003 I believe.

But two multicolor sets and an all blue set from 2001 continue to function properly, and I use them pretty much year 'round (a set of 2001 multicolor and a set of 2001 blue above my computer installation, and a set of 2001 multicolor on a stand-up shelf thingie by the front door). So not *all* 2001 sets are bad - just some of them.

I don't have any 2004 Forever Brights yet, but I'm expecting some within the next few months. Despite the fact they're Christmas lights, I'll put them up on my Forever Bright page when I have them.

Latest posts