HDS Systems        
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New X9 - When will it be available?

Default Re: New X9 - When will it be available?

Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    I wonder how the fan makes connection inside the light. Since the fan is removable, it isn't a fixed cable connection. Wonder if it's also possible to install an other (brand) fan.
    Those small 4cm fans can make quite some noise.
    That is true I have fans on my car LED lights (can't really hear it inside the car) but a buzzing sound a little that is. I would hope they would be variable speed as in ramp up when needed and adjust down we'll see on that. These fans do tend to run at high RPM if they are ball bearing they should last a while. This does look interesting purely on power output alone.

Flashaholic

Any idea on if the newer battery pack will work on older Olight SRs?

Looks like a real powerful light! I hope to see a video review of it soon. However, i am concerned about the rubber flaps at the tailcap covering the charging ports. If the rubber flaps happens to be loose and water comes in contact with the charging ports,is the charging ports themselves waterproof? This light is also quite big. Will the light come with a shoulder strap attached to this light? Does the light have a lockout mode?
    LED: Olight I1 EOS,Olight S1,S1R,S2,S10R,S10RII,S15R,S20R,S30R,S30RII,S30R Javelot,Nitecore SRT7,Sunwayman V20C,Sunwayman R10A,FourSevens Atom AL,Fenix TK75 2015,Crelant CH10, and more

Expect that it will come with a shoulder strap. Lockout should be on it IMO. Wonder what the IP rating will be. The SR95, with the open style head, is IPX6.

Olight can you just answer one question for me, when will we be able to preorder the X9 ?

Olight can you do a X7R + X9 deal pack! Very interested in both lights!
    X70, MS12, MF04, X80-GT, DX80, X45vn, MT09R, DT70, D18, MF01, E07, D4S - My Lumen whore Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

I'm very disappointed to find out that Olight customer service is no good. I have a problem with a light and I emailed them and days later got a general answer. I replied with a couple more emails after testing out the light and nothing. Then I tried calling and nothing, the phone line was answering machine and said the mail box was full. I also did some googling around to find if they do a repair for you it takes literally months , ?? Really, I love there products but definitely something to consider. I'm not to happy and considering a light that could be $500 might now be out of the question.

They did get back to me.
    Last edited by Huntn4wins; 01-26-2017 at 04:06 PM.

So now we wait... until when? Does anyone know the X9's release date?

Quote Originally Posted by frigate View Post
    So now we wait... until when? Does anyone know the X9's release date?
    1. Somewhere around [acronym='When It Is Ready']WIIR[/acronym].

2. Those who know are not authorized to say?

2b. Those who know don't want to say?
    Imalent R90TS. Acebeam two X65Vn, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

Hope the X9 doesn't disappear until Shot Show 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by frigate View Post
    Hope the X9 doesn't disappear until Shot Show 2018.
    Don't say that. Yikes!!!

Flashaholic*

DELETE
    XeRay1982

Why never any answers ?

Most manufacturers in China are close for 2-3 weeks in celebration of the Lunar New Year (spring festival), Olight is off from 21st Jan to 5th Feb.
    changing sigline ...

Does any one have any idea of the throw?? 25K lumens is sick, but if it is a floody mess and cant get out there, I'd opt for less lumens and a deeper reflector.
    "Yes, a new light is always justifiable... regardless of how many you have"

Quote Originally Posted by Edog006 View Post
    Does any one have any idea of the throw?? 25K lumens is sick, but if it is a floody mess and cant get out there, I'd opt for less lumens and a deeper reflector.
    +1

The throw is 370 meters

Flashaholic*

Is this light a game changer? Is this the first high quality light with cooling fans? Wait until Vinh has a few months to work his magic with this thing.
    XeRay1982

Quote Originally Posted by BeastFlashlight View Post
    Is this light a game changer? Is this the first high quality light with cooling fans? Wait until Vinh has a few months to work his magic with this thing.
    I think it is. Do wonder how much that little fan will cool down the light. Personally, I did expect a larger non-removable fan.

Flashaholic*

I think it is. Do wonder how much that little fan will cool down the light. Personally, I did expect a larger non-removable fan.
    Kind of a pros & cons thing I suppose, in the Shot Show video the Olight guy says the advantage is being able to replace a broken fan easily, but like you're implying a rugged fixed fan will do more cooling. Anyway, that head area looks bigger than Vinh's current 40K lumen flood monster, so...more heat sink potential and a freaking fan lol. Downside is this talk about "Limited quantities because it is difficult to make." Not sure how to define 'Limited' but Vinh won't put much into a light if he can only get 1 or 2 I would think. Anyway I hope the cooling fan catches on and doesn't fade away as a rare collector light. Is the fan the reason it's 'Hard to make'??? I hope not
    Last edited by BeastFlashlight; 02-04-2017 at 12:58 AM.
    XeRay1982

Quote Originally Posted by BeastFlashlight View Post
    Kind of a pros & cons thing I suppose, in the Shot Show video the Olight guy says the advantage is being able to replace a broken fan easily, but like you're implying a rugged fixed fan will do more cooling. Anyway, that head area looks bigger than Vinh's current 40K lumen flood monster, so...more heat sink potential and a freaking fan lol. Downside is this talk about "Limited quantities because it is difficult to make." Not sure how to define 'Limited' but Vinh won't put much into a light if he can only get 1 or 2 I would think. Anyway I hope the cooling fan catches on and doesn't fade away as a rare collector light. Is the fan the reason it's 'Hard to make'??? I hope not
    I don't think the fan-part is the most difficult. That fan does have to make a connection somewhere, but that's just a connection part. Think the most difficult part is the machining together with fit&finish.
    There is a lot of milling necessary, to get all those slots and finger-groves on that body. Think just a checkered pattern would be easier and a bit cheaper.

I'm new too the whole torch thing and olight, does anyone know when and if olight actually lets you preorder lights before they come out ? Seeing how I can't get any answers from them.

whats up with the "Blasting Cap" Tail cap? thats the stupidest design I've ever seen. absolutely ruins the light! I surely hope the end product doesn't look like that!

im betting its just another floody mess like the X7. who cares if its 25k lumens if it only throws 500 meters.
    Last edited by HIDSGT; 02-10-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    TK75vn70.2, GladiatorVN, Eagletac MX25L4VN, Thrunite TN36, EagleTac MX25L3C, Olight SR96, Olight SR95S, Microfire K3500, Wolf-Eyes K500, AE PL24, Surefire G2Z Combat light.

Quote Originally Posted by HIDSGT View Post
    im betting its just another floody mess like the X7. who cares if its 25k lumens if it only throws 500 meters.
    I do

I do
    I want one as well - HIDSGT aren't you glad you have the free choice to not buy one?
    Last edited by lstmichel; 02-10-2017 at 05:29 PM.

This thread is basically dead. No one has anything legit to add.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by HIDSGT View Post
    Maybe Vinh will have a tweener spec option, one with least lumens (yet still crazy lumens) and most throw. I was recently wondering about which light out there is the best tweener between pure flood monster, and a high output thrower.
    XeRay1982

The reflectors are going to hinder throw being shallow, but shaved dome xhp70's might get the wall of light out past 500m.............

If olight go with cool white xhp70's, i think it would not be the right choice for a flood light.Some more neutral or even towards a warm neutral, maybe hi cri would be a good option imo.

All subjective of course, think the selling point of this light is the 25k lumens. I would rather have 20k and a nice CT.

Flashaholic*

Agreed, good rule that neutral is more important for flood than throw.
    XeRay1982

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast