Rayfall - new kids on the block?

darklord

Newly Enlightened
While knocking around Ebay looking for a PT Quad, I happened to notice some cheap headlamps for sale (here in the UK) under the brand name 'Rayfall'.

A little investigation led to this site: http://www.rayfall.com/en/product_show.asp?id=20

That's just an example product of a range of, ummm, 'interesting' headlamps :sssh:

Runtimes seem to be ludicrously exaggerated, it would be interesting to learn what runtime is truly regulated out of their claims.

Nevertheless, a new marketplace contender?... Anyone come across them or tried one?

snakyjake

Enlightened
Logical magnetic rotary switch...very nice!
They just need to work on reducing size/weight.
It would be nice if they offered a red/white light combo.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a few different models on the website featuring different numbers and types of batteries. It would be nice to see what kinds of pricing they will have and market exposure. I don't know where you can buy them.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldnt trust a company that exaggerates their run time claims by that much and then says "all above data tested for 100% real and accuracy" guys lol.

Szemhazai

Enlightened
Sorry to disappoint but it's a c.... I've all ready tested one of those and it was so disappointing that I never mentioned that fact.

Rayfall H1L (aka the brick)
rayfal_h1l_top.jpg

- 187g (with protected Samsung 3000 mAh) :tinfoil:

- complicated closing system - you have to put this pin in 1 exact place to close the lamp.
rayfal_h1l_threads_seal_contact.jpg

- it works only with the cells that have very high and narrow (+) button - I found only 1 at home.

- total flickering

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for coming forward with this review Szemhazai. It know it couldn't have been easy to share when a product disappoints but your willingness to share provides needed information to those considering and looking.

Verdict: RayFail

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldnt trust a company that exaggerates their run time claims by that much and then says "all above data tested for 100% real and accuracy" guys lol.

Yep not to mention the design of the flashlight looks cheap and low quality. The runtimes don't look accurate either, for example they rate the high mode of 212 lumens at 12 hours. Fenix is known for having efficient lights and their LD22 only gets about 7 hours at 100 lumens. So Rayfall is claiming to get double the output and an extra 5 hours of runtime... Yeah those numbers are definitely made up.

darklord

Newly Enlightened
Interesting replies, guys - sorry I've not been following my own thread (never know how to 'subscribe' to a topic..?)

I guess it's a case of you get what you pay for! That flickering is woeful, Szemhazai, not surprised you hid that one away!

I emailed the distributor selling a few of their AA camping headlamps (think Petzl Tikka, plastic moulding etc), one of their models claimed 100 lumens for 8hrs from a single AA! I gently suggested they might like to revise those figures so they didn't fall foul of Trading Standards or misrepresentation! Needless to say I've had no reply ;) Here's the UK ebay link, out of interest... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262234000696?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

hangn_9

Newly Enlightened
Interesting replies, guys - sorry I've not been following my own thread (never know how to 'subscribe' to a topic..?)
When you start a new thread scroll to the very bottom. There you will find a check box to subscribe, and can select how you would like to be notified. If you reply to a thread you have to click the "Go Advanced" then the same process as above.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you start a new thread scroll to the very bottom. There you will find a check box to subscribe, and can select how you would like to be notified. If you reply to a thread you have to click the "Go Advanced" then the same process as above.

Thanks for that info. I was wondering about that, but hadn't investigated, yet.