What's the solution in using a Mag host, 16mm or 20mm star, rebel reflector & H22A h/

moodysj

Newly Enlightened
What's the solution in using a Mag host, 16mm or 20mm star, rebel reflector & H22A h/

Here's my issue. I have a Mag host (can't remember if it started out life as incan or LED), I want to use the rebel reflector, and had already bought some XM-L's on 16 - 20mm stars. I purchased some H22A rebel flat-top heatsinks. I cut off the cam and opened the hole on the small end of the stock rebel reflector as little as possible (i had opened the hole much bigger in an earlier trial and ruined the pattern). Since the star does not fit inside the reflector small end opening, the reflector sits on the star and not on the h/s pedestal. As a result, the big end of the reflector sticks up past the h/s end by the thickness of the star. My temp soluton was to not screw the glass/endcap on all the way, but that's not a real fix.

How would I solve this? Grind down (on a lathe) the h/s pedestal by the thickness of the star? Buy LED's on stars that fit inside the reflector small end? Use an incan reflector? Other reflector? Buy different h/s? Flow the LED's onto smaller stars? Thanks for any help

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What's the solution in using a Mag host, 16mm or 20mm star, rebel reflector & H22

I think you need 14mm LED MCPCB and a suitable post on the heatsink...
Search the forum for XPG mag mods

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What's the solution in using a Mag host, 16mm or 20mm star, rebel reflector & H22

If you have the LEDs on 16mm pcb's turn them down to 14mm.