Closest LED equivalent to the Blast?

Craig720

Enlightened
I really like my PrincetonTec Blast. I also like my Photon II's, but sometimes they're just too small. I wish there was a Photon II the size of the Blast. Which LED would most resemble the Blast in terms of physical size?

Brock

Flashaholic
I would say either the PAL line or maybe the mini-trek, a 3 AAA light. But they get bigger and have a longer runtime, but they aren't much brighter. The PAL has a tighter beam. The mini trek is just a bit brighter then the Photon.

Brock

Craig720

Enlightened
Thanks for replying, Brock.

Which light do you personally prefer, the PAL or the Mini-Trek?

I heard the PAL's beam was bright enough, but a bit too narrow for many uses.

Mike

Newly Enlightened
FYI..My turquoise photon II light output puts my green PAL gold to shame.

Craig720

Enlightened
What about the CMG Infinity LED Task Lights?

For those of you who have both these and Photon II's, how do they compare to each other?

I heard you can "break" the Infinity by inserting the battery upsidedown. Is this correct?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

My last three cmg infinities failed. two were mine, one was a gift (it failed too)-at the time, I assumed that screwing the cap on too tightly was the cause, and that cmg had since fixed this design problem --but, is it still happening? - I don't know if I put the wrong battery end in, since there is no indication on the flashlight which end to insert, and I don't remember..I usually end up using marking pens or scratching pluses or minuses on the barrels to remind me..(hmmwv; take a note :>)

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I bought four CMG Infinity lights that were "factory seconds" from CMG's approved distributor for such things (Uncle Dan's in Chicago), and 1 of them failed w/i two days of receipt.
frown.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
These were the newer design, with the flat (non-spring) contact point at the battery side of the circuit, and with the battery that goes in button-end up.

I still need to return the one that failed, since they do come with a warranty.

SteveY

Newly Enlightened
The infinity has the dimmest light of my collections and photonII is double the light output of the infinity.

However, infinity body is strong and the light is the most economy to run.