Acebeam K40M questions

Milw light

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered a K40M from HKE equipment. With help from Ven & Selfbuilt I was able to narrow down my choice. Would this light perform better on IMR batteries? specifically Efest purple 3000 mah 35 amp? At 3000 lumins my NCR18650B's would be asked for quite a bit. This is a 3 battery light. thanks

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the K40Mvn boosted version and it draws 4 - 4.6 amps from the batteries depending on charge level.

Milw light

Newly Enlightened
Are you using high drains? I'm not sure what NCR18650B's are capable of producing?

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think any cell in the stock version would be fine, I'm guessing around maybe 3.5 amps on the stock light. I would probably suggest either LG MJ1 or Sanyo GA cells, both have 3500 mah rating and 10a current rating. Good runtime and amp rating.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you using high drains? I'm not sure what NCR18650B's are capable of producing?

The stock K40M lights isn't going to draw more than 3.5 amps.

Panasonic 18650 B cells, even if protected will out put over 6 amps.

I have a Vinh modified K40M, and use Panny BD/BE cells. I have used the B cell with protection, and haven't noticed a difference.

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just throwing this out, the 3400mAh NCR18650Bs can handle a constant draw of 5A and FWIW, my current go to battery buys are Orbtronic 3500mAh with a constant 10A, high drain capability.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
As mentioned, any decent cells are fine with this light, no need for high drain as not a high A light. However, even so, i prefer to use IMR/INR or any hybrid type including pany BD cells, reasons behind(damn good cells anyway) but easier to fit into carriers with less spring compression being shorter(example 67mm instead of 69.5mm). So just easier to fit/remove..............no deal breaker by any means, just a consideration...........

Run times and all things considered, 3500mah 10a cells would be an option(not protected) for run times. Or pany BD's, these 10a 3200mah are a happy medium performer which i use in many single cell lights.

Still pany B(3400mah) and pany A(3100mah) still hold their own for value/performance and adequate for this light...........

Pany B may handle 5a fresh off the charger, however at that rate you will suffer voltage sag as the V drop and will not sustain that A for as long as a pany BD or other IMR/INR/hybrid cells. Generally i would say 3.5-4.5a as a good amount for pany B cells .........imo(no splitting hairs);)