Alternate E Series bodies?

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello CPF,

I have a love hate relationship with E series Surefires. I love the small size, TIR optics, modularity, and variety of mods avaliable for them. What I hate is that they do not carry comfortably for me, I've tried different clips and size bodies but none have made me happy.

I recently scored a torchlab pocket clip for E series tailcaps but I'm now looking for for a good body to match. Are their and E series bodies that do not have an integrated pocket clip? I think it will bother me having the pocket clip dovetail empty.

Thanks!

m4a1usr

Enlightened
While I am not familiar with all makers, I searched google and turned up way more than I thought existed, one that comes to mind right off the bat is an early Executive body that was designed for the integrated clip head. Probably the narrowest overall.

nbp

Flashaholic
This isn't exactly what you are looking for, and I don't know how extravagant you want to get, but I'll throw it out there since I've been in the same boat. I too have found that while I like E heads I don't like E bodies. My favorite solution is McGizmo's Ti Paks. They come in a couple sizes, are absolutely tough and beautiful, and are tops when it comes to ergonomics and come with the best clip ever made. I have put E1L, MDC and VME heads on these Paks and I really enjoy it.

2014-08-17201826_zps092785c0.jpg

2014-08-04200632_zpsd650f39a.jpg

Malkoff2_zps9ec04868.jpg

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to get a McGizmo light but I'm looking for something that accepts e series tailcaps as well.

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I have one. The anodizing is much lighter than Surefire tail caps and bezels. They come with several dummy cells to give the option of cell configuration.

Overall I'm quite pleased with it.

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply. I may go with the UBH.A vintage E2 would be my first choice, but I can't find one for less than $170.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply. I may go with the UBH.A vintage E2 would be my first choice, but I can't find one for less than $170.
Keep looking , one will pop up. Its a shame I used to have one and sold it right before the prices went silly !

troubled1

Newly Enlightened
Where does one purchase the Mc Gizmos pictured above, I'd love one them myself!

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
McGizmo has a subforum here if you scroll down to the Custom builders, whete you can check out his available lights and parts.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are more, but here is few.
Vitalgear*FB2-BK*body
McGizmo
Balrog Bodies*
PEU's Pineapple body for E-Series 2x123*
Mirage_Man's
Leef bodies
Tranquility Base's 168A tube

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Keep looking , one will pop up. Its a shame I used to have one and sold it right before the prices went silly !

they are definitely out there. I just sold the round body, e1/E2 pair for $200.

there are other E compatible bodies that can be found in the Custom Buy/Sell/Trade forum.
RPM does Al and Ti E tailcaps, TnC has made Aluminum E stuff in the past, and recently had a Ti E series CR2 host body.
PEU made the Pineapple bodies, and some others.