Sunawayman F10R Problem

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
About a year ago I saw a deal on the Sunawayman F10R CR123 powered flashlight. Although I did not think I "needed" another red/blue white LED light I liked the look and price. Once I owned it I quickly grew to really like it. :naughty:. It has a robust build and I really like that red/blue/white strobe mode in case of a vehicle breakdown . If I am not wearing my belt carried EDC rig consisting of a Nitecore Chameleon CG6 and Rofis JR206, I like to carry the Sunawayman F10R in my pocket. I have really grown to like that light. Sadly yesterday after replacing a battery I noticed I had 'lost' the main white LED function. no white HI or low. FWIW the white still does function in the strobe mode with red and blue but the white feature is no longer working:sigh:. Of course I checked and changed cells to assure performance. I will contact one of my favorite USA email suppliers to see if I placed the initial order with them. I will also contact Sunawayman directly via email. As it is now I have $55 paperweight/red-blue mood light . on a positive note, I am glad I did NOT make the suggestion that a client should outfit their field personnel with this specific LED light because a failure while on duty is unacceptable.In the meantime I am utilizing 'an extra' Nitecore black SRT 7. I hope that my F10R 'recovers' if not I will probably refrain from EVER owning another Sunawayman LED light regardless of the price.
UPDATE I just called BATTERYJUNCTION and they have agreed to help me out! no suprise but always appreciated. THANKS AGAIN TO AN EXCELLENT CPF VENDOR! ROCK ON!

Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
update 2.20.16
My Sunawayman F 10R has returned home after a quality repair at Batteryjunction.com
It works great!!!!!:party:
it's a pleasure doing biz with Batteryjunction! I also just placed ANOTHER order ( new charger and a couple JETBEAM 18650 cells) with them today.