black and Decker 10watt led (6xx meter throw) or Stanley fatmax (6xx m. throw)

B&D 10wattLED or stanly 10wattLED

• Blackandecker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stanleyfatmax

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RickZ

Newly Enlightened
Which do people find to be more durable/and or rain resistant. Ik they aren't water proof or even ip rated but if you have good experience with the B&D or the Stanley chime in I'll be getting one soon. for price they seem difficult to beat for 1 hour @ over 600 ansi meters. I need something with more throw than 350ansi (250m irl.) Perhaps something throwing 400m irl. Feel free to mention other options under$50. The B&D is on sale for $40. Ill be getting one tomorrow unless I'm convinced they are crap by then. I've seen videos and the irl throw is %75 of a tn32 IMO.

RickZ

Newly Enlightened
If you haven't seen them before, don't take offense, but they won't look different. I am hoping for a veteran of one of these lights. If they weren't identical on the outside, I wouldn't be asking.

lund1660

Newly Enlightened
Iam in the process of changing the led to a xpl hi and swapping out the batteries to 30qs on a Stanley fatmax. As far as water proof the Stanley is not. Very well built but wouldn't want it getting wet.

RickZ

Newly Enlightened
Well it went down to $35. So I got the BlackandDecker 10watt led, it throws twice as far as my cheap 400L Ozark Trail. It throws as far as my naked eye can see anyway, the LED could be better centered, and the reflector could cause a cleaner beam, for $50 I wouldn't buy it, but for $35 it isn't half bad. The rubber bezel is not well mounted, and the stand doesn't balance too well. But the brightness (intensity) is worth it.