armytek predator output intensity

mickb

Enlightened
Hi guys I left my 2.5 version(non pro) in an industrial freezer room at work for over an hour inadvertently, which probably brought it down to 5 or 10 degrees. Upon recovering it later that night the output was very low. However I re-charged the battery the next day and it was a lot better, but I don't think its getting to full intensity anymore. Also when I click it on at full power it seems to drop back to just slightly lower output about 1/4 second later, only a slight drop in intensity though. Not sure if it was doing this before, does this sound normal?

Could I have damaged the battery by freezing it, or even the flashlight electronics itself?? Both battery and torch are only month or so old. Maybe I should buy a new battery and see if it makes a difference... Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
I did a test with 2 batteries two weeks ago. I left them 2 hours in the freezer and I cannot put my Predator v3 at high (turbo). It is juste blinking one time and dropped to a lower mode. The batteries reads 4.18v with a good capacity. They are working in my others lights instead. No problems with the other batteries in my Predator.

I just keep these two ones for testing.

Last edited:

D6859

Enlightened
I tested my collection earlier this year: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...flashlight-collection-and-different-batteries

"Armytek Predator Pro v2.5 (warm) with Keeppower 3200 mAh, 4.13 V: No notable change in use. The twisty head was working better than in M22."

My Dobermann seems to die quite fast in the cold (can't keep up the high mode). I haven't noticed problems in room temperature with any of the batteries or flashlights I have.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put my Armytek Predator Pro v3 LE XP-L HI in the freezer for 40 minutes with it on. Eagletac 18650 3500mAh 10A cell. It works fine.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
I put my Armytek Predator Pro v3 LE XP-L HI in the freezer for 40 minutes with it on. Eagletac 18650 3500mAh 10A cell. It works fine.

Try to put the cells 2 hours in the freezer. Let them warm a few hours and try them. I advise you to take cheap batteries.

They lost 300mah of capacity and they have not enough power to drive my Predator v3 at high(turbo), my Doberman Pro V3... But works in my P12GT and my MH20 but I did not take measures with my luxmeter on them.

I did not know that a cell, after freezing, lost power.

Two hours, I think, it is enough to freeze them. And I will not repeat this test again....I learned....

Last edited:

mickb

Enlightened
Try to put the cells 2 hours in the freezer. Let them warm a few hours and try them. I advise you to take cheap batteries.

They lost 300mah of capacity and they have not enough power to drive my Predator v3 at high(turbo), my Doberman Pro V3... But works in my P12GT and my MH20 but I did not take measures with my luxmeter on them.

I did not know that a cell, after freezing, lost power.

Two hours, I think, it is enough to freeze them. And I will not repeat this test again....I learned....

I think this is what has happened to my predator as it lacks output now at maximum. I may have had it in the freezer room closer to 2-3 hours just thinking. So if I get a new battery hopefully all will be solved.

mickb

Enlightened
Just an update, replaced battery and it is back to full power. That long freeze appears to have permanently effected the other batteries output. It was a new olight for the record.

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
Hummm....interesting. I remember momma always kept her batteries in the freezer.(Alkaleaks) Any truths to this? You know thinking about it momz got me started on lights many many years ago when the first wind up lights hit home QVC lol. I still have it and it works. I should have Vin mod it out or at least update the battery and led.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Just an update, replaced battery and it is back to full power. That long freeze appears to have permanently effected the other batteries output. It was a new olight for the record.

Good news for you. You will not have to deal with Armitek' service.