Flashaholic by Proxy?

Avix

Newly Enlightened
rolled into Wally World last night looking for a kitchen shelf rack, did my obligitory roll through the Hunting/flashlight section, and there, low and behold. top rack, for the first time ever. 2 Dorcy 1AAA's. One silver, One Red.

wife walks up as I'm waiving and bouncing up and down and she brings them both down, (I can't reach them from my chair) "you can have the silver, I'll keep the Red". thats a Minimag and a Dorcy and the garrity 3 LED headlamp she has laid claim to.

is it possible to be a Flashaholic by Proxy?

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife discovered that her SL 4AA Xenon (which lives with a SL Scorpion in the glovebox) walked off. Very upset.

She used to laugh at my "hobby".

I am under orders to replace it with something equal or better. Hmmmm. Longer run time than the Scorpion. Bright.

I ordered a Pelican M6 LED. That should do it.

Avix

Newly Enlightened
thats what I was afraid of, I should have seen it comeing when she "adopted" my M1 Carbine and my Lee Enfield.

now she's trying to decide if she wants a clip or a lanyard.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Avix! By proxy? More like cross contamination or cross pollination or something like that..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello 'Charles,

"Cross Pollination," is that why flashlights come in sealed packages?

Oh, you were refering to the flashlight users...

Tom

Avix

Newly Enlightened
well, I say by proxy because no way will she ever admit that she might be developing a "habit" in this regard. (is it possible to keep a wife in flashlights AND firearms??)

hmm, it looks like we're makeing converts Harrkev

hmmm, cross pollination... now that sounds like a heck of an idea.....

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cross pollination (or contamination) refers to ideas, and those with minds open enough to permit such.

All of us on CPF have run into the closed minded people. These are locked into one of two paradigms:

1.) Cheap flashlight syndrome. (price and quality)

2.) Mag-Lite (R) is Supreme.

Those locked into the first, won't consider a Mag (too expensive).

Everyone else is open enough to develop an appreciation of lights that are better, though not always more expensive than Mags. My mother is one of these. She has developed an appreciation of better flashlights, though she certainly wouldn't but an Arc or Surefire (Eveready 2 LED Folding Lantern is the only one she bought). She will be 85 on 2/18/2004.

You could say by proxy in this case, since it was exposure to my lights that opened her mind to better ones. She still like to shove lights into drawers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Charles wrote:
She still like to shove lights into drawers

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what sets a flashaholic offf from all the rest. My wife has several lights in drawers, gloveboxes, etc. They are hers and god help the person who does not put one back when they are done.

I have flashlights on counters, desks, end-tables and artfully displayed in a cubby-hole of the entertainment center. They are by doors, and in the map pocket of the car door. There is seldom only one in sight.

Only one of us is a flashaholic.

Daniel

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not one of my lights is in a drawer. Though some sort of storage for less used or dedicated emergency/disaster lights may soon be needed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Harrkev

Enlightened
To those who leave lights sitting out: you must not have kids /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My son is not yet 3, and he is a flashaholic. He loves turning them on, but always forgets to turn them off./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif He also likes staring into the beam./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif Needless to say, he NEVER gets the TigerLight (plus the OC spray would be bad).

So mine stay in drawers, or up out of the way.

Kirk

Enlightened
I used to stick all my flashlights in my drawers but it made it really hard to sit down. And people started asking questions!
Kirk

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
LOL!

I had given my sister a squeeze light of some sort and she liked it. One day she says, "I don't know what happened to it, what have you got to replace it?".

I put a Streamlight Keymate on her keychain. Today she shines it at me!

Also today at our garage sale, I had some 25 lights I never took a shining to on sale.

I saw person after person compare two of them for beam quality/brightness. One nice lady was looking and I put her on a very decent 2AA light. It was all shiny silver and she dug it also because it was 'pretty'. I can't even remember which light it was. I mean as far as name. I THINK it was one I got at Academy named Versalight or some such. Aluminum with a barrel mounted switch.

All in all, today was a pretty good day!