• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD**FS: SOYCD Tri-EDC Light Engine from RUN#2**

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Up for sale is a SOYCD Tri-EDC light engine from his second run sporting Nachia 219B High CRI LED's.
Here are the specs from the sales thread:
For the 2nd​ run of these light engines I decided to go with a more high power setup while still maintaining some level of custom setup to the drivers. I have settled on a 105C AMC7135 based driver running the STAR firmware with 12 AMC7135 chips totaling 4.54 Amps drive current.

The driver features 4-levels preset to 2, 15, 40 and 100%. There is a turbo timer set to 60-seconds which will drop the light from 100% to 40% to prevent overheating. If you switch back to 100% the timer will be reset. You will notice that from room temperature the light will be starting to get quite hot after 60 seconds so I don't recommend a second run at 100% until the light has a chance to cool.

IMPORTANT: You will need high quality 18350 IMR batteries to drive the light engine at the full 4.5A. I have two newer AWs that are able to do this with no problem, but my 2-year old AW 18350 IMR red cells cannot drive the light engine at full power. My new eFest Purple IMR 18350 flat top cells also have no issue. I do not have experience with other IMR cells and cannot recommend any others for this setup.

The light engine is running 3 Nichia 219B Hi CRI LEDs mounted on a Noctigon copper triple mPCB.

Also included is a Carlco Frosted Narrow optic.

There are several options that can be set on the light engine via star solder bridges on the driver board. If you are handy with a soldering iron you can change these yourself at any time.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ight-Engine-Upgrade-Run-2-ALL-SOLD&highlight=

SOYCD.3_zps6ppqfot9.jpg

SOYCD.2_zpsqe68xqit.jpg

SOYCD.1_zpsum5jhvwd.jpg

I had the options set up as follows:
-Moonlight mode activated
-Low to High
-No memory

Light engine currently has 5 levels from moonlight to high.
Light engine comes with the same lightly frosted optic it originally came with.
All options can be changed to your liking via the Star Bridges and some soldering.
Light engine did not see much use in the 1.5 years since purchasing from SOYCD, maybe 1 hour and most of that between moonlight and medium. My Tri has been doing nightstand duty.
Ran it on a purple E-Fest 18350 battery with good results.
Excellent light engine with that great 219B tint. Also nice and floody with the lightly frosted optic.
Fantastic upgrade to the stock Tri-EDC light engine. 2 more levels, much brighter, better tint.

SOLD. NOW $100.00 $110.00 $115.00

-Paypal only please.
-First "I'll take it" in this thread has priority.
-Paypal fees and shipping to CONUS are included in the price.
-Shipping sent Priority with Delivery Confirmation.
-International shipping extra
-Not interested in trades at this time.

-Thanks for looking!
-Michael.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **FS: SOYCD Tri-EDC Light Engine from RUN#2**

You left out this batch sold out in almost less than 5 minutes! lol
Awesome sale here Michael. Too bad I sold my light. I wanted one so bad!!! I missed out on these when they came out.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

You left out this batch sold out in almost less than 5 minutes! lol
Awesome sale here Michael. Too bad I sold my light. I wanted one so bad!!! I missed out on these when they came out.

Ha!!
Actually had to check the thread and the sale went up at 4:55 and I got the last of 4 at 4:56!!!
Under 2 minutes!
Do not see sales like that anymore. Years back, thats how a number of sales were, especially for McGizmo lights in PD days. You would have an idea of a rough time the thread would go up and just sit there refreshing waiting for it to pop up and when it did, you better have a quick trigger finger to secure a unit!
Those were fun sales!
Sorry you parted with you Tri-EDC. Legend of a light! I used to have a number of Gizmo PD's and sold most because of the Tri-EDC...

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good luck with your sale on this.

I know it's OT - but I remember the first sales thread for the original Tri-V. Those lights flew off the shelf in no time.

sigfan

Enlightened

Can't believe this is still here. If I didn't already have 4 custom LEs from SOYCD, I would be all over this!

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pics added to OP and price drop.

nfetterly:
Great collection of PD's!!!
A bit of everything. I see aluminum in NAT anno, blue anno and chrome. Ti in PD-S and a AlTin XR-19 flavors.
I miss my PD collection but I did keep my favorite, LS-27 that I have a PD and clicky body for to switch it up!
The Tri-EDC is right there as one of my all time favorites (LS-27, Tri-EDC, ION, SuperFlashlight/Hyperlux).

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bump it up with a price drop.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

What are the ION and SuperFlash/Hyperlux?

What are now classics.
Do a search for:
-Muyshondt ION
-Arcmania SuperFlashlight
-TnC Hyperlux (builder Tain also did a Hyperlux "Tribute" in titanium)

az2ak

Newly Enlightened

I'll take it, PM to follow.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

PayPal received.
This is now sold

Latest posts