ArmyTek        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone sell a P60 laser drop in module?

Default Anyone sell a P60 laser drop in module?

I love the idea of dropping a laser module into a Surefire or Solarforce host. I know it has been done by at least one crafty person on here, I'm surprised they are not more readily available. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be de-LIGHT-ed thanks!

Default Re: Anyone sell a P60 laser drop in module?

NIce pun. We just did Sleeping Beauty and the the Daleks on stage, as you do. One of the lines was "You look Dalektable", OOOF!
    P
    "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" He chortled in his joy.

Good idea, I'd be in for one....

Hell yeah.

I wish I was craftier and had the equipment I would try to make something, but there are more than enough talented fellers on this forum that could create something great I'm certain of that.

Flashaholic*

Hmmmm,..... what color led and power range are you guys thinking about? It wouldn't be too hard to alter a premade 5mw laser and drop it in a copper P60 like VOB or Matt makes. Or are you guy's thinking something over the top?

Quote Originally Posted by m4a1usr View Post
    Hmmmm,..... what color led and power range are you guys thinking about? It wouldn't be too hard to alter a premade 5mw laser and drop it in a copper P60 like VOB or Matt makes. Or are you guy's thinking something over the top?
    Something fairly inexpensive for flashahics who already have a ton of p60 hosts to try playing with a laser is what I was imagining

Single 18650 cell would be awesome if possible- no idea of the voltage required for lazers.

Pretty neat idea!
    Reliability, NW and moonlight mode, the most important factors in a light

Flashaholic*

I think Jayrob made some at one point.

psychbeat, I was thinking along the same lines as you. 18650 power, maybe 2 IMR 18350's if needed. It seems to me if the price was right (~$100 maybe $150?) a lot of people would be into one of these. I have some great old Surefire hosts that mostly just sit there, I've got more hosts than good LED drop ins and a laser module in a C2 or M2 would just be nifty. I have a cheap eBay laser that I fire off every so often, just thought it would be nice to have a cool laser in one of my unused hosts. M4a1usr, that is what I had in mind too, a nice copper drop in with the laser goodies in it. I'm unfamiliar with power ranges but something dangerous and on the fringes of legality always appeals to me. My current laser is green and I enjoy the high visibility of the beam, even in daylight.

surefire use to make a head that fit on the 660, it was pretty cool also a splinter so you could run the laser head and p60 head at the same time

What about this?

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...en-light-laser

Think you could swap in a normal p60 flashlight type drop in?

For that price I might consider trying it although it looks bigger that a p60 head I can't tell for sure. Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by Espionage Studio View Post
    For that price I might consider trying it although it looks bigger that a p60 head I can't tell for sure. Thanks for the link!
    It's a 502b so I figured any p60 would work in it. Let me know if you end up trying it, I kinda want one myself now.

I see that it comes with a cr123 sized battery, it makes me wonder if the laser module is so big that it couldn't be used in an 18650 Solarforce host? I wish they would sell just the laser for $10 and they can keep all that other stuff.

Flashaholic*

When this first started I thought about the heatsinks I've seen around online that people have made and thought that if there was interest I'd be willing to have some made. A week or so later my 6P sold but if there was interest I'd buy a new one to make sure they fit. We could do it a few different ways. They could be machined for a standard 12mm module with a couple set screws to keep it in place. Or we could try to make it a direct mount into the heatsink i.e. the diode itself mounts into the heatsink and a lens screws on the front. This would probably take a lot of R&D which may cost more than it's worth. We could also do aluminum or copper whichever more people wanted. I could order the modules and install them and sell it as a whole unit or we could just make the heatsinks. Let me know what you all think but they will probably be more than $10. But we don't know until we try.

light-modder, there were some for sale on the forum here recently, the person had multiple units and were $34 with batteries if I remember correctly. I'm still in on this, I think it would be a great item to have for sure.

Flashaholic*

Oh sweet I'll have to check them out.

I'm left with no choice but to bump this thread due to the extremely high level of want for this product.

Bump to keep the dream alive.

I'm right there with you...

A P60 laser module would be awesome, does anyone know where I could get one?
    Promethean #46

I'll take it. PM me please

If someone could crank these out, they would certainly be a nifty toy if the price was right.

I've purchased some of the cheap $13 18650 lasers off ebay. Pretty nice! But a dropin would sure be cool. Green laser in my MD2? Hell yeah!
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic*

I dont buy that extreme high level of want thing
    (if that means in numbers, not in high want of a single member ...)

if it were so, there were offers ...

lets look at the cons of the idea:
    1st and foremost: DANGER ... how often my lights still happen to be taken by someone blinding themselves, just to "test that light"
    good that are not lasers ...
    2nd size: no need for a laser to be that big (a P60 host is simply too big for that. Laser has to be thin and sleek)

if someone wants such a thing and there is no offers, why not mod for oneself?
    getting a laser module for the battery choice of the host is not that difficult,
    nor is to drill a hole though a hump of aluminium and file the outside round to fit into

A nice project

PS: pro(s) of the idea --> really much metal to get away the heat from the module ...

I think for CPF member the want level is very high because almost everyone has some P60/D26 compatible host and lasers are just cool (and dangerous).

Want level: pegged at 11

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast