Car Mounting Ideas?

Kaban

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have any ideas how to mount flashlights inside your car? Preferably something with a quick release that's sturdy and won't rattle. Even better if you don't have to drill into any of the panels to make the mount secure.

Thinking a small flashlight with a 123a body.

Kaban

Newly Enlightened
Land Cruiser 100 Series (2007 model year). Same as Lexus LX470

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Wall mount clips may do the trick...using Scotch brand heavy duty (waterproof) 'velcro' type hook n loop fastener to fasten the said wall clip(s).
Acetone or pb blaster will remove any sticky left behind if you change your mind or sell the suv.

I use it one side on my phone, other side on the dash to hold my phone where I can see incoming calls while driving.
I used genuine velcro for years...but the Scotch stuff fastens in a male/male configuration better and the female side doesn't bdcome fuzzy (read, doesn't hold anymore) over time.
The stuff is rated to hold 10 pounds of stuff vertically per inch of material used. And the glue holds up over time.

Last edited:

Hudson456

Newly Enlightened
Just went through this myself. Found a pretty good way - clip a small light like a Streamlight Protac 1L to the visor loop (the one meant for interstate toll tickets). Works great and really quick access!

Cannonball

Newly Enlightened
You could mount a quick fist using command adhesive strips or Velcro. They are heavy duty rubber and can be used for different diameters.