How water resistant is my ASP-Sapphire?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

The other day, while taking a walk, I was surprised by a heavy storm. The sky opened itself and the rain soaked all of my clothes.

In my right chest pocket of my jacket, I usualy carry my keys, featuring a Sapphire Light attached to a keyring.

Now, I just wonder to what level does it withstand rain and other wet conditions? In my case, the light still works just fine. But one never knows...
rolleyes.gif

Regards!

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
If you're willing to sacrifice your ASP Sapphire light, you could always test it and find out.
smile.gif

Me, I figure the easiest spot for the water to enter would be the spring-clip area, especially when it's open.

My sister-in-law's African grey parrot showed me one day that the rubber (Santoprene? Sanoprene?) switch cover is removable. She was curious about this cute blue light that I kept shining in her cage, and her beak is rather well-suited for cracking nuts, seeds, and the like, so a rubber-like switch cover was very easy for her to remove. I had to scramble to get the silly thing away from her before she ate it.

Anyway, since it's that easy to remove, I doubt it's that watertight. I would suspect that, like you experienced, dampness is okay, but I wouldn't submerge it.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I got one of these free when I got a new bag. Don't use it much cos it's not got a constant on switch.

I bit it "on" and after about 15min, it stayed on by itself cos the moisture was completing the connection (!)
Easy enough to take to bits and dry even if you're not a parrot!
wink.gif

After a while of map reading I was making a big effort not to either swallow it, bite through it or spit it out.
Oh dear
rolleyes.gif
blush.gif
Why do I have to lower the tone?
wink.gif
grin.gif

Back on topic! Anyway, IMHO, it's not even splashproof.

Al

Latest posts