Paypal Questions

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do paypal fees work with recieving money? I have a personal account, am I only charged if the person that's sending me the money is a CC account? Is there a limit on how much money I can recieve?

TOB9595

Enlightened
Paypal has no fees unless you accept a cc based transaction.
Accept one cc and your account is automatically changed to a different level and ALL transactions are charged.

Many folk set up two accounts one for cc with fees and one for none cc transactions and no fees.

I took a cc before I knew the "ways" and Paypal allowed, at that time, me to downgrade my account to personal with no fees. They allow this only once.
I don't know if they still do this. I suspect they would allow the downgrade. It took a large bit of searching on my part to find the downgrade info. As a matter of fact I think I had to email paypal as to how to do this.

There's no limit on receiving money
BUT
there is a limit on how much you can transfer back into your checking account.
I'm unfamiliar with the exact $'s.
I transfer the money in my paypal account back into my checking account often. It takes several days to go from paypal account to your checking account.
I often wonder who is getting the benefit of the float during this "virtual transfer" time.
Tom

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
NO! DO NOT UPGRADE TO UP YOUR LIMIT!!!!!!!!!

The personal accounts have a limit until you verify yourself.

If you can help it, do two different accounts, one personal, and one premier. Personal accounts don't incur any charges for receiving payments. If you have a personal account and you receive a credit card payment, you can deny or accept the payment. If you accept the payment, you are required to upgrade your account and incur the 3% + $0.30 fees on ALL payments received from that point on. If you deny it, your payor will get a "denied" e-mail and the amount will be credited back to their account.

To accomplish keeping two accounts, you will need two different credit cards, and you will need two separate checking accounts.

One other thing is to avoid using your debit card as a credit card to verify or confirm yourself with PayPal. It can cause problems down the line.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. I have had 3 different PayPal accounts. My first was waaaaay back when PayPal was X.com. (if you try x.com, you will see it forwards to PayPal)

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like beretta said, DON't upgrade your acc. Try if you can to create 2 separate PP acc, one for CC and the other for all other.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
So im trying to make 2 accounts one personal & one standard, but I only have 1 checking account. How can I verify the 2nd account I make? I have no way of getting the money out of the CC account unless I request a check from Paypal. Can I just transfer the $ from the CC account to the non-CC account that is linked to my checking account?