If You Could Only Have One Flashlight????

qarawol

Enlightened
It seems this simple question has not been asked in awhile. If it has, I do appologize, please direct me to it.

Inform which Brand, Model, Any Accessories & Why?? List one only.

Mine would have to be the Surefire 9N, old style, with the F34 Beamshaper, C-800 Two-Way Rapid Charger with AC/DC power cords, T3 Turbo Head & a 3000+ mAh Battery for it.

First of all it is dual use rated... Low Beam for general tasks, reading, close up work with out blinding and it has a long run time. High Beam for 'REAL' Flashlight usage. The Beamshaper really helps out for reading, on low, and a great area light on high.

The C-800 charger is a must for it charges the battery in or out of the Flashlight. Dropping the Flashlight into a charger without having to remove the battery first, makes it an even more convenient. Top off the battery when you are performing routine maintenance & cleaning by charging it in the C-800 without the Flashlight. Rechargeable means you never have to worry about ... Did I use this 1 hour rated non rechargeable battery for 10 min, 30 min total or ????

Putting on the T3 Turbo Head turns it into a mini searchlight. The use of the F40 Beamshaper for the T3 makes it nice also. No F40 when you want to reach out and light someone.

I have a self made Leather Holster for it that enables the light to rotate and lock in 90 degree intervals. It's secured via a belt which has an option of placing the side pant belt loop in the center of it to prevent it from moving along the belt. Rotate and lock this puppy in a forward horizontal position and you have a hands free headlight for walking. In the rear horizontal position, with a Red Filter, turns it into a back light i.e. for bike riding. Flip up the Red Filter and walk backwards for you now have a backup light... never mind!

It's size is really not all that big for what it has to offer. There CANNOT be a better setup... "If I Could Only Have One Flashlight"! --- But we all know this will NEVER happen!

NEXT >>>

Enjoy...

JimM

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious about the battery....is it a Surefire or available elsewhere?
Thanks,
Jim

qarawol

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
JimM said:
I'm curious about the battery....is it a Surefire or available elsewhere?
Thanks,
Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a homemade one. Three sub C 3000+ mAh NiMH soldered together with a 9v '+' tip soldered on the '+' side of the sub C assembly. I write 3000+ for I have to assemble the 3300mAh ones. I'm currently using 3000's. The stock ones are 1800mAh, unless they have changed it recently.

Enjoy...

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Bulks VIP!
Easily adjustable low-medium-high output, interchangable Fraen LP or Carly reflector for extra throw. An upcoming 2AA tailpack for rechargables/cheap batteries. Tailswitch guard that can be tapped for a clip to carry bezel down position and a Luxeon III to light up the place.
And since I can only have one...the VIP can be taken apart to upgrade optics, electronics, LED, lens or other parts.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
while i don't personally own one, i think it would have to be the arc4+ without a doubt.

of course all this talk of having just one flashlight is pure sillyness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rlhess

Enlightened
Surefire L6 with KT4 Turbohead and N2 lamp

This gives me almost two hours of high brightness LED light (1,600cd) and an hour of piercing long-throw 16,000 cd turbohead light.

If I have to pocket it, then it's the L4 with Pila battery and an auxiliary long-run KL-1 head.

Cheers,

Richard

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
At this point it will have to be my Arc4+. Can't say the VIP as of yet since I have not received one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of the lights that I currently own, the Infinity Ultra, since it is more than bright enough for 99.9 percent of my needs. The Adventure Lightheader II headstrap (which I posted a link elswhere), is the perfect accessory. It is not only adjustable, but elastic as well. This permits it to fit on helmets (with petzl clips).

Second choice would be my Rev1 Arc LS second, with all of the battery packs I have for it, and the headlamp mod, plus the headstrap mentioned above.

Third choice would be my Inova X5T white LEDs, and the headstrap mentioned above.

Of lights I don't own yet, either the Arc4 or Yukon HL.

Kiu

Enlightened
A2.

In fact, i dont have an A2 (L4+ARC AAA in real life), but if i could have only one flashlight. I will chose it.
Surely because it has two steps output and regulated incand.
then 2nd is ARC4+.
ARC4+ cant give me the high power of A2's incand.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of the lights I currently own it would probably be my Twin Task 2L.

Just to be different... If I could pick anything, it would probably be a CNC-123 with three knurled 123 body tubes. With that I could then keep the following modules: 5w BadBoy for 6v config, a Lux3 Wizard 600 for 3v+, and a 1w Amber DB400 for 3v+. To that end I'd keep a McFlood, Fraen LP and a regular old NX-05. Hmmm, and I might have the whole thing hard anodized too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon

stockwiz

Enlightened
the Arc LS I own modded to run at 667 mA with a luxeon 3 and fraen optics. Uses 2 cheap AA nihm 2300 mA batteries that are in constant supply, is bright, and doesn't run too hot and throws like mad. Love to drive one of these at an amp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

StuU

Enlightened
For a last ditch emergency light, consider the CMG Infinity Task light. That's the original Infinity with a 41 hour runtime. I keep one around with a new lithium battery installed. The battery has a taped cap on it to prevent any type of discharge. The original Infinity provides enought light for most uses.

Of course, I have a lot of other lights available! Like the Opalec or Streamlight 10 led/3C light.

Stu

------------------------------
"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because if there be one, He must approve the homage of Reason rather than that of blindfolded Fear." --
Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the United States

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight TT-2L.
Long run time and adequate brightness in the xenon mode for everything but the WOW contest.

Jerry

hideo

Enlightened
I have bad dreams about this from time to time ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

hideo