Imalent        

Thread: Costco HID: 10 Years Later

Default Costco HID: 10 Years Later

Okay since posting in the previous thread on the Costco Spotlight and receiving the battery today, I've posted some quick shots indoor/in room.

Still lights up after some 10 years (Bought and received it at a Bay Area CPF Gathering in 2005)! Will see how it does this evening in my neck of the woods.
    LUX'Ottica

Default Re: Costco HID: 10 Years Later

This is great!!! I recently(4 weeks ago) replaced the battery in my Amondotech Illuminator 3152. It was toast. I had forgotten how great it was and still is.
    I DO NOT HAVE...
    AURORAPHOBIA, OR EOSOPHOBIA, OR EREUTHOBPHOBIA, OR ERYTHROPHOBIA, OR ERYTOPHOBIA, OR PHENGOPHOBIA, OR PHOTOAUGLIAPHOBIA, PHOTOPHOBIA, OR SELAPHOBIA..

I still have one of my 2 Costco HIDs (modded with a Barn Burner 80 Watt ballast and a Fatboy DL50 lamp) and the green'ish blue Amondotech 3152
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Syniosbeam by Enderman

Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    Bought and received it at a Bay Area CPF Gathering in 2005
    Was that the one for the TV show?
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead View Post
    Was that the one for the TV show?
    I missed that one. It was the one held at AmondoTech.

Here's just quick shots with my P&S Canon Camera and my Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

These with the SGN.IV

These with the Canon PowerShot ELPH 300HS

LUX'Ottica

Flashaholic*

Nice revival I had the Titanium Mega Illuminator that was based off of that light. I really liked how the charging cords were attached and hidden in the rear for easy access. I modded it to an 80 watt HID bulb/ballast which put out tons of lumens and gave just a little more throw than stock.

Flashaholic*

Wow!!! Has it been that long. I remembered mine it was awesome, it was huge. Throw monster. I think it got burned or something when it was plunged in the while it was on. Stopped working.
    Then there was another at Sams but smaller. Not sure what I did with it. I had the box for it for years. I wish Costco would still carry the light. It would still be awesome even today among the 1000 lumens LED's.

Have a 43 watt fast start ballast Costco HID up for free pickup in giveaways forum.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Syniosbeam by Enderman