Question for DQG Spy owners

Heavy

Newly Enlightened
Can it be hung from a split ring from that center post?

I know it has a hole for the trit inserts but I don't know if it goes all the way through.

Thanks all!

OCD

Enlightened
Yes it can. I didn't like how mine hung crooked from the split ring installed on the side. The only thing is you have to find is a split ring that is small enough thinckness wise but large enough diameter wise to go through the lug. I had to trim some of the end of the ring I used because where the two ends came together, it was to close to let the ring fully install. The ring I used is only .030" thick x .395" diameter. I couldn't get the factory ring to work.

Last edited:

Heavy

Newly Enlightened
Yes it can. I didn't like how mine hung crooked from the split ring installed on the side. The only thing is you have to find is a split ring that is small enough thinckness wise but large enough diameter wise to go throught the lug. I had to trim some of the end of the ring I used because were the two ends came together, it was to close to let the ring fully install. The ring I used is only .030" thick x .395" diameter. I couldn't get the factory ring to work.

Awesome bro thanks for the info.

I was worried that it would hang crooked and I didn't like the idea.

Thanks again!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
… hang crooked..

I dont have your light, but share your interest in small rings
I found some small keyrings at a locksmith, but sometimes they snag and stretch open between the winds a bit.

You may be able to see that in the pic, on the copper light. the titanium light also uses the same small keyring

note on the purple light I used a Jump Ring (that I took off part of the keychain the light came with)
Jump rings are a craft and jewelry store item, unless you take one off a spare keyring you may have
in jewelry work, jump rings are often silver, and get soldered shut, but the one pictured is stainless, and wont stretch open easily at all, unlike sterling..
IMG_8750.JPG

IMG_8778.JPG

IMG_8779.JPG

because I prioritize tailstanding, I tolerate the angle of the dangle, even though I agree, its crooked!

I hope you post a pic of your solution :).. I like pics

Last edited:

tjdean01

Newly Enlightened
Spy looks like a great little light. Smallest "real" light IMO, whatever that means. I'm not so sure I'd like the flood beam pattern on it so I'm probably going to go for the Hobi or even the CooYoo Quantum.

geokite

Newly Enlightened
The 10180 batteries fit quite well in the 'Pico-pill' containers at the countycomm site. The inside might need to be extended a very slight amount, like 0.5mm at the positive end, if you want to tighten the container fully.

Steve

Heavy

Newly Enlightened
because I prioritize tailstanding, I tolerate the angle of the dangle, even though I agree, its crooked!

I hope you post a pic of your solution :).. I like pics

When I get the Spy it will hang around my neck like the other little ones I have. So no tail standing needed here.

I will post a little review when I get my Spy with plenty of comparison pics. I like pics also. :thumbsup:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget to get you something like a fishing swivel so it can rotate too. You can do the kind that have a gate that opens so you can remove it. Or, you can get the non gated swivel and then use the McGizmo gate clip. I like the 2mm ones. They are easier to use cause they aren't too small like I find the 1.5mm ones to be. I also suggest a Cu ball chain cut to 24". Great combo.

FWIW: I have one trit installed and let it hang crooked. It doesn't bother me in the least. After all it is under my shirt most of the time anyways. I have a McGizmo clip, fishing swivel, Stainless 5mm split ring, and Cu or Stainless chain. The chains are 2mm for the Cu and 3mm for SS. Both cut to 24". As a footnote: I also have a Tain that hangs crooked. Doesn't faze me. So there ya go! Have fun!!! You gotta let your lights hang!