Charger/battery confusion....looking for help/advice.

coachnick

Newly Enlightened
Hello light-a-holics,

I am new to the hobby and am looking for some assistance. I recently purchased (from Gearbest) 4 18650s and a charger (see pics below) to use with a Sunwayman P25C that I have.

My issue is that the batteries are not charging. When I place them in the charger, the light is red (I assume indicating that it is uncharged), I left them overnight and the light was green in the morning (again assuming full charge). When they were inserted in the light, I get nothing. I used an alternate 18650 to make sure the light was in working order in addition to checking that I was putting the batteries in correctly.....yes to both.

I have no idea what is going on here so if anyone can lean a hand, advice or whatever it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to the charger with its accompanying information (http://www.gearbest.com/chargers/pp_169328.html)

Thank you,

Coach

**admin if this is in the wrong place my apologies....move it if you feel necessary and thank you

Last edited:

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
Its possible that your charger has gone bad. I have a cheep one that looks just like that. Which is exactly why I am shopping for a new smart charger with digital display readout. Of course you could put a different set of batteries in there to test it out and make sure weather or not the charger is charging them. It also be a good idea to put a multi-meter on the batteries your charged, see if their reading 3.7 volts.

coachnick

Newly Enlightened
PROTOOL,

Thanks for the reply. I have used the charger subsequently to charge a different 18650 without issue. Also, I purchased the batteries new.

Coach

Its possible that your charger has gone bad. I have a cheep one that looks just like that. Which is exactly why I am shopping for a new smart charger with digital display readout. Of course you could put a different set of batteries in there to test it out and make sure weather or not the charger is charging them. It also be a good idea to put a multi-meter on the batteries your charged, see if their reading 3.7 volts.